Just picked up the new boat!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

mrtockley

As the title says, I just picked up my '05 Sportster today. It's got approx 80 hours on it (215) and had a S/C rebuild in 2010, so I'm assuming that the ceramic washers would have been replaced with steel ones. I've just ordered some Hydroturf, but was wondering what other owners from Aus have done in the way of cheapish bolt on upgrades to get a little bit more power? I'm thinking possibly new intake / exhaust or even new S/C unit, but all of the U.S sites have part numbers etc for the Jet Skis and don't seem to have too much info for the boats. Has anyone ordered upgrades and willing to point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Kris.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kris, the threads I have read would indicate most people who add performance upgrades don't get the results for the money paid. It would be better to get the 255 hp if more power is really needed. About 8 its diff I believe. Otherwise you may spend a good 5K and get 3-4 kts & 10-15% more burn.
cheers

Yeah it looks that way. I'm mainly only interested in some light mods, like a good air intake to get rid of the restrictive box it's got now.

Back