Greetings!! Just picked up some GTR's, then......

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal_GTR

couple years ago we bought a couple GTI SE 90's I found on OfferUp, they were the cleanest ones on the market with low hours, but soon realized they were too slow for me, great for the wife and teenage kids, but dad needed something faster....
tempImagedhiAh5.jpg
congrats to Don, the new owner

Don't get me wrong, they were great and trouble free, but......

anyways, I decided to sell this summer due to kids off to college now and not using them as much so I ended up selling them for $500 less than I paid two years ago.
Not bad at all.....but funny how life works sometimes, the night before the buyer was set to come check them out, I stumbled upon an ad for two GTR 215's with Zieman trailer with super low hours(31-33) for only $1500 more than I was set to sale mine for....I couldn't pass it up and was lucky enough to be the first to view the ad on PWCTarder app, so I sent a message to the seller that I was interested...

Long story short, sold my 2018 GTI's on Wednesday and was on a road trip to Phoenix area on Friday to buy some GTR's!!! woohoo!!!
40B554CA-F65F-4045-9F7C-B8B0E6380EB6.JPG

Planned on stopping in Blythe on way back to SoCal and testing them out at the River......Man!!! what a difference going 65 mph compared to 45 mph!!
They were both awesome, until the end of the day when my wife accidentally sucked a rock at putting speed luckily, but needless to say our day was over...
River was super low that day and we should have just tested them out and left, but you know how that goes...it was too fun.

Had the GTI's two years, zero issues...had these two hours and this happens......

Now I'm debating taking them to mechanic or just fix it myself.....trying to watch some YouTube vids, but not a whole lot of good ones for my particular model.
Looks to be just one rock stuck with a Solas impeller and plastic wear ring...Prop looks good from what I can see but just a bit scuffed up wear ring.

Going to go remove the IBR and see if I can just lock out the rock for now, test it out and then go from there....wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back