Just bought a 2016 rxt-x 300!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

2016 rxt-x 300

Hey all,

Really excited about my purchase & usually join forums related to my hobbies.

So I was really interested in the 2 seater version rxp, but it would have been a 2 week wait in total lol, & the rxt will be ready by Monday... Honestly I like both models so I don't really care. Anyone have any tips or war stories to share with me?

Thanks, look forward to making some buddies on here :)

P.s got the white, yellow, & black color scheme...

I personally think the RXT is the way to go. A bit larger and you can carry three people. Which means, you can tow someone on a tube for example. Can't do that on an RXP in most states.

I own an 09 RXT-X 255 and really like the ski,,,

Hey all,

Really excited about my purchase & usually join forums related to my hobbies.

So I was really interested in the 2 seater version rxp, but it would have been a 2 week wait in total lol, & the rxt will be ready by Monday... Honestly I like both models so I don't really care. Anyone have any tips or war stories to share with me?

Thanks, look forward to making some buddies on here :)

P.s got the white, yellow, & black color scheme...

Congrats on the new purchase! Post a few pics when you are able to. Let me know when you are getting the itch to go faster. We have a ton of stuff available for your ski :cheers:

I pick it up Monday.. Just need to do the break in time then go nuts haha.. I got it with a 4 yr "best protection" warranty so I may have to hold on regarding mods :(

Please let me know if anyone has any helpful info/tips.

Thanks... Pics to come :)

I pick it up Monday.. Just need to do the break in time then go nuts haha.. I got it with a 4 yr "best protection" warranty so I may have to hold on regarding mods :(

Please let me know if anyone has any helpful info/tips.

Thanks... Pics to come :)

The break in time was pretty bad for me. Dealer said 1 hour on the learning key was all that was needed. I stuck with it for close to 2 hours getting a feel for the new ski. Honest opinion, it was pretty brutal being left behind by my friends with the top speed around 30. Once I switched to the normal key I quickly realized what all the fuss was about with this machine. Take it slow and break it in right if you can stand it!

It's funny you say an hour... The dealer told me 10 hours lol, what does the manual say?

The manual agrees with your dealer but also says the engine management will help control the break in. It was my understanding that acceleration is good but sustained WOT is bad so I've stayed away from WOT of more than a 10 to 15 second burst. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in on a good break in time/practices.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 24
It's my understanding the computer will continue to ramp up the power until 10 hours. I'm at 3 hrs now and can't hold on. I love this thing and power is awesome.

Does anyone else hate the throttle? I have a machine built for comfort but what an uncomfortable POS the throttle trigger is for any long distance riding.

The throttle trigger to me could be maybe an inch longer. I've worn a blister on my thumb from day one trying to grab the throttle with my finger in a comfortable way...

Post a picture of the throttle. I have a GTX and a RXT-X and have no issues. On very long runs my fingers can get numb. I use bike riding gloves, makes a big difference.

Post a picture of the throttle.

It'll be a week before I could do that. But, it is short and curves outward unlike the IBR trigger. More length would be nice. I probably wouldn't have minded it when I was 30 YO. At 60 I have some joint arthritis that makes it uncomfortable after 30 minutes or so and I'm unable to hold a precise speed without using the cruise function. My Yamaha isn't much better BTW.

I'll be rigging something to fix it.

Inmotion.....what app are you using to track the speed stats?

It's called skipper. Pretty decent app for being free. Uses noaa maps, lets you create routes, tracks you real time also. I'm sure there are probably better paid apps out there but it's hard not to try the free one. They do have a subscription service but im not that invested in it yet lol

use two fingers for the throttle to keep your index finger from being fatigued.

Ride more, you fingers will get used to it. < mine did.

use two fingers for the throttle to keep your index finger from being fatigued.

Ride more, you fingers will get used to it. < mine did.

Same here. I've only got 15 hours on mine over the last 6 weeks I've owned it and I'm already used to it.

Being 47 and in OK shape, I've had more discomfort from all the leg working out I'm getting while riding and jumping waves.

Just an update.. I have 4 hours on it, going out with it this weekend. So the first two hours I had the learning key in & babied it.. after that I put the big boy key in, and took it easy on her.. NEVER gunned it more then like 8 seconds, did alot of cruising.

Does this seem ok for a break in?

Just an update.. I have 4 hours on it, going out with it this weekend. So the first two hours I had the learning key in & babied it.. after that I put the big boy key in, and took it easy on her.. NEVER gunned it more then like 8 seconds, did alot of cruising.

Does this seem ok for a break in?

Varied throttle is the key. Not too long in any rpm.

Nice forum name;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back