Just bought a 2016 rxt-x 300!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good, Yeah I love this thing..

Actually smoked a kawasaki on the water the other day. Are their any mods that I can do w/out voiding my warranty. Like intake or some small stuff?

Thanks for the help.

Just an update.. I have 4 hours on it, going out with it this weekend. So the first two hours I had the learning key in & babied it.. after that I put the big boy key in, and took it easy on her.. NEVER gunned it more then like 8 seconds, did alot of cruising.

Does this seem ok for a break in?

Sounds pretty good just vary the throttle for a little while longer and you'll be good to go.

I have the GTX300 with about 8.5 hours on the clock. I agree about the throttle- my fingers go numb after about 10 minutes but then I'm also relatively new to the PWC world. Top speed is 115kph with about 3000 RPM left to go but at my age I don't think I need to go any faster.

Anyone know how easy it is to switch the units from metric to imperial? The depth-finder is completely UN-useful in metres without going to tenths of a metre. Displaying in feet would provide more accuracy. Same for the clock, although I doubt anything can be done about it. Hey Bombardier- Engine hours should be to the tenth of an hour, not rounded off to whole hours!

I have a 2015 RXT 260 with 24hrs on it. My buddy just bought a 2016 300 and he now has 7hrs on it and he's easily 5 boat lengths ahead of me and top end pulls hard. He sees 77-78mph every run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure u guys check those hose clamps. I replaced the secondary thermostat and heat exchanger clamps with stronger ones for peace of mind. They were both loose after just 2 hours of run time. Those are the 2 that seem to be the problem, although I went through all my clamps and found they all could have been a little bit more secure. Happy riding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back