Jordan Lake NC ride 7/26

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I do somewhere, but I'm going to completely redo that ski. My decals were all ruined and so I peeled them off. Going to repaint the bottom black and do a 99 SPX theme. This is all for a later future. Right now, I'm trying to finish my boat and upgrade my cruiser ski. I'm retiring the GTS.

I do somewhere, but I'm going to completely redo that ski. My decals were all ruined and so I peeled them off. Going to repaint the bottom black and do a 99 SPX theme. This is all for a later future. Right now, I'm trying to finish my boat and upgrade my cruiser ski. I'm retiring the GTS.
When did you get an 95 xp 800?

Well, when I bought it, I didn't realize it was special. It was blown up and ugly from sitting in the sun for decades. Back then, I decided I wanted two x4's (one for my gf), so I bought this one. I am not a fan of pink, and since the graphics were shot anyway, I figured I'd repaint it and make it badass, and give the semi-purple 97 spx to my gf. Racer, I think I sold you the 787x block out of that ski, didn't I? If you want the hull, I'd be happy to sell it too :) I had another xp hull that I junked because the fiberglass was smashed in at the front. I don't want to destroy history, but at the same time, I don't have a use for a pink ski. You should come down and get it, and bring down one of your badass skis to go ride with us down here :thumbsup:

FYI gonna be out there about lunch time. Anyone been there yet this season? How's the jetski ramp looking?

Looks like I'll be without the wife, she can't make it so she's taking the baby. I need to test both skis anywho and they're already on the trailer.

Ugh got screwed on this machine shop on ebay. Sent him my 787 cylinders to get bored, the guy halfassed the bore job and shipped it back in the same, then damaged box as it came in. The packing was one time use. Despite my paying him 30 bux, he cheaped out. The cylinders came all beat up, mating surfaces gouged. One sleeve was cracked. Set me back a month from riding.... picked up a 97 gti. Should have that baby on the water soon. Cleaning her up and waiting on parts now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Im down to ride somewhere this weekend saturday or sunday. I'm probably going to ride both days. Gotta get a big group together one weekend.

Ive got 3 skis i'm not wanting to part as they are complete and clean if you guys are interested in any of them.

96' Waveblaster 2, garaged, low compression one cylinder.
98' GTX Limited 951cc, clean, engine or starter locked up.
96' SPX 717cc, garaged since new, needs starter, and carbs rebuilt.

Rob

The next few weekends suck for me, but I'm ready to get back out. My xp was bogging to the point it wouldn't even run at WOT. Even on the trailer. So I went back to my original settings and she revs great now. So need to test it. Might just run it down to the lake after work one day. Hoping I've found my issue was an air leak in the fuel separator.

Ugh got screwed on this machine shop on ebay. Sent him my 787 cylinders to get bored, the guy halfassed the bore job and shipped it back in the same, then damaged box as it came in. The packing was one time use. Despite my paying him 30 bux, he cheaped out. The cylinders came all beat up, mating surfaces gouged. One sleeve was cracked. Set me back a month from riding.... picked up a 97 gti. Should have that baby on the water soon. Cleaning her up and waiting on parts now.

Sent from my SCH

Andrew - what machine shop did you use so we can avoid? I have used FullBore for my past two borings...been pleased with work and turn around time.

FYI gonna be out there about lunch time. Anyone been there yet this season? How's the jetski ramp looking?

Was out Memorial Day weekend.....ramps were good. I have a 97 SPX that I plan to take out this weekend. Purchased a few weeks back for the trailer for the 95 XP but found another trailer two weeks ago that I like better. Selling the SPX package after I confirm all is well. It's clean with 150 on each cylinder, rebuilt carbs, fuel lines, fresh oil and fuel, working VTS, etc. I'm placing on CL this weekend, asking $1500 or BO.

On eBay it just said Cylinder Boring Service, user was xxwieslawxx. It's out of Chicago. There is a local guy here in Raleigh that I took it to. Napa Walker AUtomotive on 6forks. They still charge the old $50 for bore/hone. Hope to be back on the water soon...

Well, I swapped out the spring from my old Challenger engine into my SPX and turned the adjuster out 3 turns from bottom. Ski gets up to 7020RPM. I feel pretty good about that :) Rips like a mad bastard, but still has that tiny little stumble right off the line. I'm just going to learn to live with it, it's good enough for me. The GTI is nearly complete, still has a tiny starting issue, but that's something I'm continually tinkering with. Basically, I'm available to ride again! Let me know when you guys want to go again :)

Well, I swapped out the spring from my old Challenger engine into my SPX and turned the adjuster out 3 turns from bottom. Ski gets up to 7020RPM. I feel pretty good about that :) Rips like a mad bastard, but still has that tiny little stumble right off the line. I'm just going to learn to live with it, it's good enough for me. The GTI is nearly complete, still has a tiny starting issue, but that's something I'm continually tinkering with. Basically, I'm available to ride again! Let me know when you guys want to go again :)

And now I'm down. HAH! Although new carb parts should be here this week and I'll be back up and running.......hopefully.

You see the Lake Gaston ride/get together?

No, when is that?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We haven't set a date het, but pretty much the only time I can make it is the next 2 weekends in July. Until kate August that is. There's a new thread on it.

Back