Jordan Lake NC ride 7/26

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

suke

Figured this would be easier for us to all keep up rather than PMing back and forth.

So far this is what I know. Ride Jordan Lake and meet around lunch time. What ramp as I've actually never been to Jordan Lake?

Right now weather is looking pretty good. Only 20% chance of rain....as of today.

Mods please move as for some reason I can't start a thread in the Southeast regional section. Weird I can do it in Offtopic. Tried on a windows machine and different browsers as well.
[MENTION=32110]IDoSeaDoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=66002]PGHMAN[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=72134]1983[/MENTION] Wouldn't let me edit my thread and add you for some reason.

NC guys lets do it, gonna have fun. I haven't been to Jordan since I was a kid.
Which ramp are we heading too?
I'll be the guy with the yellow jet ski :lol:

NC guys lets do it, gonna have fun. I haven't been to Jordan since I was a kid.
Which ramp are we heading too?
I'll be the guy with the yellow jet ski :lol:

Agreed and second what ramp? Sat is still looking hot with partly cloudy!

Rob [MENTION=66002]PGHMAN[/MENTION] mentioned he rides at Farrington Rd. ramp...

whatever you guys that ride Jordan suggest i'm down for.

As long as no heavy rain we good to go!

Rob [MENTION=66002]PGHMAN[/MENTION] mentioned he rides at Farrington Rd. ramp...

whatever you guys that ride Jordan suggest i'm down for.

As long as no heavy rain we good to go!
The rain the past few days has been nuts!!! I think [MENTION=32110]IDoSeaDoo[/MENTION] mentioned that ramp too. He said something about a free one and I believe that one is free. Either way....I'm in. Think I'm going to try and sneak out some on friday to make sure my bogging issue really is gone. Still skeptical it was that easy.

Cool, yeah that one is free from what I understand. Believe in the power of the crappy rectifier!!! it simulates fuel problems and frustrates owners! (myself included )

I'll be up early saturday morning doing first oil change, and some more exterior adhesive removal. Then on the way to Jordan to arrive a little bit before lunchtime hopefully.

Rob

Found this....

Farrington Boat Ramp (NOT inside Jordan Lake State Park! - Very close to Chapel Hill!)

13 minutes from Southpoint Mall in SW Durham, 4 minutes from Governors Club, 16 minutes from UNC (Google Maps and Mapquest drive times are way, way off!)

Download Print-friendly Directions/Map PDF - THE EASIEST WAY

For GPS/Google Maps: Enter "605 Farrington Point Road, Chapel Hill"

Exactly 1 mile south of BP Gas Station, look for Boat Ramp sign on right (west).

These guys will have to confirm but I believe our destination will be at "605 Farrington Point Road, Chapel Hill 27517"

Wonder if we can use the smaller ramp for the skis? That larger ramp looks like it'd be a PITA for our skis.

After some googling it looks like you can use either ramp. I'll likely use the smaller one. So seems like we're the only ones posting in here [MENTION=72134]1983[/MENTION] so let's firm it up and say we're going to Farrington Boat ramp around lunch time. I'll also be there a little before lunch time myself to make sure all is squared away with my ski.

Hey guys! Finally found the thread :) Been super busy, I'll tell you guys all about it tomorrow. But yea, I'll prob be at the farrington boat ramp around noon. I'm bringing a friend who will pilot my trusty GTS. Her and Will will both have 587's so they'll tow us to the marina if either of us runs out of gas :D I'm stoked, ready for some good weather and good riding. Haven't ridden my SPX since putting the old stock carbs back on it. Hope it's not as much of a PITA to start as it was with the boat carbs. If it's a total nogo, there's always the GTS.

I've never used the smaller ramp, but I guess I'll try it out this time. The parking situation is always better on that side.

I worked from home today and ran down to the lake real quick after putting some fresh premium premix in my ski. Rode about the same as last time. There's the SLIGHTEST of hesitation from idle to slamming down on the throttle and from half 1/4 throttle to full throttle. The difference from the 1/4 to full may be the raves opening. I'm not sure I even care to try and tune it out it's that small. Plugs look a dark mocha so I'm happy to be honest. Super pumped about tomorrow, looks like I'm hopefully good to go.
IMG_20140725_144814.jpg

Hi guys, sorry been slammed at work. The Farrington ramps are all good...plenty deep with tie offs. I'll be there around 11:00 nothing better to do. Look forward to tomorrow.

Rob

I went ahead and did my oil change, and other stuff tonight that had to be done for tomorrow. Should be out there before 12.

Rob

I'll likely be there around 11ish as well. Had a little water get in the hull today. I filled it up with water before when looking for a leak and couldn't find one. My footwells got a TON of water in them today. I'm thinking I didn't do a good job of patching those holes. That was more water in there before. I'll keep an eye on it tomorrow.

What an awesome day!!! Got the ski dialed all in. Still an odd sound at RIGHT off idle, but it may be I'm just not used to Seadoo's yet.

[MENTION=32110]IDoSeaDoo[/MENTION] can't wait to see all the vids and pics from Jan( or was it Jenn).

The few I took before everyone arrived.
PANO_20140726_114029.jpg
IMG_20140726_133724-EFFECTS.jpg

1983 arrived and his ski
IMG_20140726_133732.jpg

For sure good time, panoramic pic looks great. Great to meet you all.
Let's see some more pics and vids!image.jpg

Rob

More of the group image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    602.4 KB · Views: 16
[MENTION=32110]IDoSeaDoo[/MENTION] let's see those vids!! Def wanna see the ones where we're running side by side.

Honestly, the videos kinda sucked. I didn't get any of the three of us side by side, and neither did Jan. I was too afraid to hold my phone in one hand going full speed as it was never in a waterproof case. Some of the pics turned out pretty sweet tho. PM me your email and I'll send those. I hope you like Jan's ultra-saturation setting :)

Back