Jordan Lake NC ride 7/26

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Sucks the vids didn't come out but the pics are awesome!
4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

8.jpeg

9.jpeg

10.jpeg

Attachments

• image_2.jpeg
    image_2.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 9
Hi guys, again, sorry that I was not able to get out to Jordan. It looks like you guys had a blast! I have not been on the water in 3 weeks but took a vacation day today and plan to get out since the weather tomorrow and Sunday look to be a washout. Can't be stuck in the garage another weekend like last weekend even though I was able to make some great progress on the XP which was suppose to be my winter project, LOL.

I rode barton creek falls lake yesterday in the rain haha!

Going back today. Have done alot to ski since our ride 2 weeks ago, carbs rebuild, trimmed all the way down now, etc.

Rob

I hope to get out during the week after work one day this week after the rain moves out. Need to get my yammi out and make sure it's good to go too. My parents are coming up soon and they'll want to take that out. So I'll likely take them out to Harris sometime this week.

I emailed [MENTION=66002]PGHMAN[/MENTION] Rob and told him about the ride this saturday 8/23/2014 at either harris or jordan lake.
[MENTION=59515]suke[/MENTION] [MENTION=32110]IDoSeaDoo[/MENTION]

Any other NC people wanna meet?

Rob

Let's go back to Jordan again. I liked that beach place. The ramp at Harris on a Sat is just insane. That small jetski/kayak/etc ramp was perfect and had a nice beach to beach at. We won't have that at harris. It's very rocky at the banks at the ramp.

Hi guys, I m heading to Jordan around noon and thought I's check to see if anyone else would be out today. Sorry for the short notice. Rob

I got absolutely fried at the beach this weekend or I'd be there. Staying in the AC outta the sun today.

That was me the previous weekend at the beach. It's going to be another warm one today. Let try to get together soon.

Whats up guys? Ill be at rolling view marina today, its part of falls lake in durham. Little beach area to chill at.

Lets definitely ride again soon.

Rob

Hi guys. The kid I purchased my 95 XP has a 94 XP that he wants to give away. It's just the hull which is in good shape. Exterior- seat is in good shape, good throttle lever and sponsons. The only thing that remains inside are the gas and oil tanks plus the cables. Let me know if your interested and I'll forward his contact info. He lives near me in north Cary off Harrison.

Last edited by a moderator:
whatcha gonna do with it? That's a pre X4 hull. It's pretty close to the X4 hull just doesn't have the removable trim tabs.

Hey guys, wife and I are thinking about camping at Jordan this weekend and plan to ride Saturday afternoon. Anyone planning to ride or camp? Our weekends are becoming few :)
Also, I know everyone states to use OEM wear rings but anyone ever use an aftermarket with success? It's for my 95 XP project and I know I should go OEM but wanted to see if anyone had opinions.
Thanks, Rob K

I'm hoing to get out to Jordan and ride Sat. Hopefully my wife doesn't need my truck. Gonna head to cars and coffee in the AM and likely be there after inch time.

Not sure about camping, I have a bunch of work to do on the car I'm fixing up. Must paint before it gets too cold, but I might be down to go ride. Where are you camping?

Regarding the wear ring, I've heard mixed things about aftermarket wear rings. Once I bought one from SBT that was not round on the inside diameter. Had to take a bunch of pics and send it back. After I proved to them that it was indeed defective, they refunded me. If it's only a difference of like $10, I'd go OEM. Otherwise, I'd go with WSM, or whoever makes those rubber coated rings. I've used those white plastic rings before and they seem to work okay, but when I put them in, I always wonder if the fit wouldn't be tighter with an OEM ring.

The best way to get them into the pump: put them in the freezer. This shrinks them down and they slide right in. No pounding, no struggle.

The wife isn't sold on camping yet plus no lake side sites w. electric available. Either way we're heading to the lake for a ride. Should be out around noon at the north end of Jordan of Farrington.

Andrew - I think you're right on the OEM for just a few more dollar not worth the trouble w. an aftermarket.

Just did some measuring and wife shouldn't need my truck. So I should be out to the Fearrington ramp about lunch time-ish. Cars and coffee tends to clear about about 11 which should give me enough time to get home and get to the ramp by 12ish.

I've got too much stuff to do Saturday unfortunately, so I won't be joining, but if you guys want to get a couple deer burgers, I'm having a cookout at my place to make freezer space for the new hunting season :) You guys are all welcome to come. PM me for my Apex address.

Back