Jordan Lake NC ride 7/26

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Come on Andrew you can do it! :) Haven't heard from the other Rob, but I'm still in to be there about lunch time. Gonna hit up cars and coffee in the morning with my S2000 then head home and grab the truck/ski.

Man it's gorgeous out. Done with c&c. Home and hooking up the ski. Should be there in 30-40mins.

Was a good time today catching up with ya Rob. When you guys were pulling out the bald eagles had made it over close to the boat ramp. I caught one coming down to catch a fish! He was right there near my ski. Didn't seem the least bit phased.
364.jpg

Lake was pretty empty today
365.jpg

When I first got there. Rob was putting in right about that time.
366.jpg

You can see just how empty it was when I first got there. Just put in here.
367.jpg

With the weather being what it was I expected it to be packed. Right about the time I was leaving it did start to get a little busy. About 4-5 different set of skis put in.

Christian - good catching up with you as well. Lori and I enjoyed having a person to ride with. That was a good shot of the eagle coming down for the kill....I'll have to make my way up to eagle nesting area the next time out. Hope to get out again soon before the cold weather sets in.
Rob

Oldest is coing home from ECU on Friday and we have plans for Saturday. Maybe Sunday? Weather looks to be warmer :).

Oldest is coing home from ECU on Friday and we have plans for Saturday. Maybe Sunday? Weather looks to be warmer :).

I like how Greenville is always decked out in Purple and Gold. I assume you hit Overtons while you visit? It's only minutes from ECU. We've been down like 4 times this year I think. My nephew is in his first year there, kinda tough not to go when you live a few minutes away.

432.jpg

I like how Greenville is always decked out in Purple and Gold. I assume you hit Overtons while you visit? It's only minutes from ECU. We've been down like 4 times this year I think. My nephew is in his first year there, kinda tough not to go when you live a few minutes away.

432.jpg

Hey Dan, what a small world! Daughter is a junior at ECU....yes, lot's of Purple & Gold in Greenville. I have never seen Overtons in the area but then I never really looked. We're heading down in 2 weeks for the SMU game and will put on the agenda. Tried to get tickets last weekend for the UNC blow out. My kid said the place went nuts!
Let me know the next time you're heading that way to see if we're in town as well. I owe you lunch and few beers for the support :). Have you made it to Sup Dogs (supdogs.com)? Local dive bar in town with really good burgers...my kids and ours favorite place to go when we visit.
Rob

Nah, never been to sup. Typically we're just chilling at my sister's place. We usually hit Parkers bbq, good Carolina bbq. Overtons is off Evans and Greenville boulevard. It's not bad. I like the in store bargains.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Nah, never been to sup. Typically we're just chilling at my sister's place. We usually hit Parkers bbq, good Carolina bbq. Overtons is off Evans and Greenville boulevard. It's not bad. I like the in store bargains.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
We have an overtons in Raleigh so I guess that's why there isn't that big of a draw for us. I used to go to that one in g-ville back in the day when I lived in J-ville. Was the closest place to skis( snow) tuned.

NC peoples, we are riding Farrington Boat Ramp Jordan Lake tomorrow 9/27.

I'll be out there before lunch. Coming from North Raleigh.

Hope to see some of you guys there.

Rob

You know I'll be there! Wife has a baby shower so I'm wide open. I can be there anytime. So I'll roll there the same time.

Have funs guys! Can't make today due to other plans but may get out tomorrow. Be safe.

Rob K

was a good ride today. We went all over the lake. Found some REALLY sweet coves for some good speed runs.

Then some stand up guys came and set up a buoy course. Their skis sounded AMAZING!!! 1100cc 2 strokes pushing 200hp!

Actual legit pros. I googled this guy.
491.jpg

492.jpg

I have a vid of them running the course. Uploading it now. The sound is pretty terrible but oh well.

I've seen the stand up folks numerous time this summer usually on Sunday afternoon. Guys and girls....they're into it. Never made it out Sunday...youngest was on a recruiting trip to NC State and she committed for swimming. So glad that is over knowing she'll be close to home.

Congrats. State is a good school, I can attest to that. GO PACK! Yea, those guys are out there all summer twice a week (at least). They're pretty cool, seems like most of them are from Sanford. They have a sick XP that will rip your arms off. Def. an awesome machine set up for some extreme riding.

Congrats. State is a good school, I can attest to that. GO PACK! Yea, those guys are out there all summer twice a week (at least). They're pretty cool, seems like most of them are from Sanford. They have a sick XP that will rip your arms off. Def. an awesome machine set up for some extreme riding.
Seconded! Woot, GO PACK!!! As you can see from the grill cover behind my ski. :) Both Andrew and myself are NC State alums.

So I finally found some metal rave pistons for my 787! :hurray: I hope they come in in time for Wednesday's nice weather. I plan to try to get out of work early and hit up Jordan to test them out. I recently found that both of my rave pistons were shot. This may have been the cause of my losing 300rpm at WOT as well as contributing to that take-off hesitation. Eager to try these babies out and see if it changes anything.

I should be in!!! Trying to get my honey do list of the way so I can ride! My wife asked me if I was going through a mid life crisis since I get out on the ski any spare chance I get. HAH! I told her it'll be cold soon and I won't be able to go out. She still doesn't get it. Sadly that means late nights putting things together and organizing shiz before the babies come. Told her I was taking wed off from all that. :)

Have fun guys. I'd love to join you but I am slammed at work plus I am back up for another manager who is out on vacation. Would like to get one more ride for the season.

Suke:Yea, I wouldn't expect girls to understand the awesomeness of riding an X4 and how a person just comes to NEED it after having experienced it. I hope my metal rave caps come in, if not, I hope the JB weld holds on my old ones with stripped out threads. Either way, I'll be out there, and hopefully with my new-to-me trailer. YAY to no frame cracks :thumbsup:

PGHMAN: Sorry to hear you're tied up. Yea, the season is drawing to an end quickly. It's becoming "Boats Only" out there. We went out Sat. when the high was 75. We probably caught it when it was down to 71 or so and it dropped quickly from there. It was uncomfortably cold. "Wetsuit - cold". Hope you get a chance to make it out at least once more. Good luck!

I'm planning to duck out early tomorrow and be at the lake around 4:30 or so. Fingers crossed!

Back