Jetski Fishing Channel - How to set up the Jetski for Fishing!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys and Girls and Happy new year. I run an online fishing show in New Zealand from a Seadoo GTX155, and recently did a show on how to set up your ski for fishing. I put a new show up every week, so be sure to check it out regularly!

[video=youtube;OIh-2Pk8MxU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIh-2Pk8MxU[/video]

And here is this weeks episode on catching Kingfish on livebaits - well that was the plan anyway...

[video=youtube;QzBccDKdJOg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzBccDKdJOg[/video]

I'm sure this is a stupid question, as I have never done it. But I've always been curious as to what is the appeal of fishing from a jetski? Just seems to me that it would be so awkward to do as opposed to from a fishing boat.

Jake - My feelings exactly too. I assume you put the fish that's caught into the front storage bin with all your beer??????

Idea - Take a old gutted (pun intended) hull and tow it as a fish cooler.
If it can hold a 90lb motor + equipment + battery + wires and such, it will hold a lot of "fishes".

I'm sure this is a stupid question, as I have never done it. But I've always been curious as to what is the appeal of fishing from a jetski? Just seems to me that it would be so awkward to do as opposed to from a fishing boat.

most saltwater fishing is wade fishing...just need transportation. I see a lot of 50k+ flats boats just for holding the beer :)

most saltwater fishing is wade fishing...just need transportation. I see a lot of 50k+ flats boats just for holding the beer :)

thanks, that would make sense to me but the guy in the video seems to sitting on his ski in deep water. but are you saying the primary reason is it is just alot cheaper than buying a boat?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi, that is a good question. I have fished from boats all my life and initially bought a ski to get the kids into the water. But what quickly became obvious is that it is an incredibly versatile fishing "vessel". It is easy to launch, retrieve and clean with just one person, is very fuel efficient (60 litres to 100 miles), can get very close to the fish and workups without spooking them, and is great fun. When you have it set up right it is very comfortable and versatile. On top of all that it is great fun, and adds a different dimension to sport fishing.

The fish that get caught go in the fish bin (although I realease 90% of them) which is part of the rod holder unit (the bait station as seen on the top video), and I fish in all sorts of depths and distances from shore. Last week I was 30 miles out trawling for marlin, but the kingfish show just happened to be only a couple of miles from shore.

WOW, In the second video that's a nice Kingfish. When you said that you lost one in the double hook, do you mean you lost the fish on the other line or you lost the rod/reel? I couldn't see the 2nd rod after you had hooked the KF.....just asking?
Thanks

Hi Guys and Girls and Happy new year. I run an online fishing show in New Zealand from a Seadoo GTX155, and recently did a show on how to set up your ski for fishing. I put a new show up every week, so be sure to check it out regularly!

[video=youtube;OIh-2Pk8MxU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIh-2Pk8MxU[/video]

And here is this weeks episode on catching Kingfish on livebaits - well that was the plan anyway...

[video=youtube;QzBccDKdJOg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzBccDKdJOg[/video]

new zealand there mate ???? nice fishin but i never seen u drink a beer ??? how u gonna fish without beer >>>?? when we go fishin, if they aint bitin, we say the reds are bitin, u know, https://www.google.com/search?q=bud...HMoOGgwfXptSoDw&ved=0CHMQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=512

then u can always go trollin for some pink snapper , lol like red snapper, but they wear bikinis -- lol

looks like fun, but if i fish, we need some room, doesnt seam to "roomy"
good luck with your show, guess its better job than i got

Hey Tater Salad - he probably thought it wasn't cool to drink some brewski on an "advertising/How to" type video.

Pink snapper.....funny

new zealand there mate ???? nice fishin but i never seen u drink a beer ??? how u gonna fish without beer >>>?? when we go fishin, if they aint bitin, we say the reds are bitin, u know,
then u can always go trollin for some pink snapper , lol like red snapper, but they wear bikinis -- lol

looks like fun, but if i fish, we need some room, doesnt seam to "roomy"
good luck with your show, guess its better job than i got

The pink snapper get hunted with beer in hand when you get back from the hunting the red snapper!

WOW, In the second video that's a nice Kingfish. When you said that you lost one in the double hook, do you mean you lost the fish on the other line or you lost the rod/reel? I couldn't see the 2nd rod after you had hooked the KF.....just asking?
Thanks

I lost the fish - the trace was just too long to lift the fish into the boat with one hand while fighting the kingy on the other rod/hand! I put the rod in the holder with the intention of then grabbing the trace, but it spat the hook once the line went loose.

Here in Florida we have the gator catching channel. Ever see any one jump off a jet ski mid speed to catch a gator? Pretty interesting from a far. Ingredients: 1 Jet Ski
1 man strait out of the insane asylum
1 bucket of week old rotting chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back