Jet pump removal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattydipps

How much give does the pump actually give? I've got the nozzle off the ski and the 4 nuts off the pump but the pump which houses the impeller seams completely stuck on there.. I tried lightly with a pry bar to break it loose with no avail.. Is there any tricks to taking this off?

Try lightly tapping it with a hammer. Check out my video in the how to section on how to remove the pump

How much give does the pump actually give? I've got the nozzle off the ski and the 4 nuts off the pump but the pump which houses the impeller seams completely stuck on there.. I tried lightly with a pry bar to break it loose with no avail.. Is there any tricks to taking this off?

Somebody in the past may have helped you out and used a sealant on the gasket.

189.jpg

That is something of a concern. You might have to use a drill on a slow speed to knock a lot of it out first then hopefully the remainder will crumble away. The other issue is why it was done and if it was to hide something more concerning.

So..... To make a long story very short... It took me 5 hours to get the pump off... Pull the impeller.. Only to find out that the ski had a 14/19 impeller on it already...

Ouch looks like someone went overboard trying to make sure that pump wouldn't come off lol.

Make sure you clean all that gunk off before reinstalling. None of it should be needed.

What I don't understand is why a ski with "6" hours would already have a solas 14/19 impeller on it?

Who knows? Original pump?....maybe not. Wonder how much has been tweeked outa that prop?

Possible scenario....

Noobie...sucks up some rocks...trashes his prop ring pump bearings. Gets a used pump...maybe even with the prop in it.

Pretty cool that you're able to turn it as fast as you are with decent speed.

Who knows? Original pump?....maybe not. Wonder how much has been tweeked outa that prop?

Possible scenario....

Noobie...sucks up some rocks...trashes his prop ring pump bearings. Gets a used pump...maybe even with the prop in it.

Pretty cool that you're able to turn it as fast as you are with decent speed.

Here's my problem though.. I bought the ski in March of last year with what the dealer told me was 6 original hours on the machine.. Since then I've found out that there was already updated washers in the machine.. And that the impeller has been changed... When i first got the machine there was a problem with the dash throwing "t" codes.. I'm wondering if the dealer lied about the original hours in he first place..

I think you have a valid point there. If it was only a genuine 6 hours, I wouldn't have expected that many things changed on it. A rock through the impeller can happen at any time but there would be no reason to stick all that gunk in there nor change over the washers. May warrant a closer look over the entire machine and get the hours checked through a Can do or similar.

Here's my problem though.. I bought the ski in March of last year with what the dealer told me was 6 original hours on the machine.. Since then I've found out that there was already updated washers in the machine.. And that the impeller has been changed... When i first got the machine there was a problem with the dash throwing "t" codes.. I'm wondering if the dealer lied about the original hours in he first place..

I could swear we've had a discussion where I....gave my impression...of your dealer friend.

I could swear we've had a discussion where I....gave my impression...of your dealer friend.

for the sake of my dignity.. im going to have to unfortunately decline that we ever had that talk :facepalm:

quite honestly, im going to bring it down to a different dealer and pay to find out how many hours are on the ECU.. if its anything less then what is on the cluster.. im going to go down and have a "chat" with the dude i bought the ski from and seriously consider legal actions if they dont make this right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back