Jet pump removal, housing is stuck

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

92seadoo

Hey guys, currently restoring my 92 seadoo SP that I bought from my father in law. Right now I'm trying to replace the wear ring, simple right? Well for some reason the owner before him must have used some type of silicone sealant as a gasket. After taking off the four bolts I tried to get the housing off that connects to the hull but it's stuck and won't come out. There was a bunch of silicone sealant and I tried scraping it off and even used penetrating fluid to see f it would help but still no luck. Anyone know if there is an easier way to get this thing off without breaking anything? Any suggestions will help. Thanks

140.jpg

If you can see I tried scraping it from the top. Still no luck. Such a pain in the butt to get in that little section too

There are guys on here that hook the pump to an unmovable thing like a tree, and move the ski/trailer using a car or truck. If you look at the service manual, there is a procedure to remove them.

On my 95 GTS, I was able to get a crow bar between the pump and ski, and worked it free. I was thoughtful of the next person, and did not empty a tube :)

They can be real stubborn to remove if they are siliconed on. I have heard of hooking pump to a tree and pulling trailer ahead with a vehicle to separate. I haven't had to go quite that far myself but have had to use ratchet straps to pull on the pump hard enough to break it loose.

in the past with a stubborn one, I just put the nozzle back on and then wedge a piece of wood between the edge of the hull/nozzle and give it a good pop.

(oh, and i've forgotten to pop off the bailer's on the inside before (more than once) , that will make it stick too :) )

My 95 was so bad I paid a dealership to do it after I pulled my work bench across the garage and broke a 2x4 trying to get enough leverage on it.

Thanks for the help guys. I talked to a local service shop and I think I will just take it there for them to get it off. I'll probably wait till after October to do it since the wear ring is still in okay shape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back