1998 SeaDoo GS, Reinstalling Pump - (Driveshaft to impeller procedure)?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DEEz

Original owner 1998 SeaDoo GS,
Reinstalling Pump - (Driveshaft to impeller procedure)

Ive just replaced the pump bearings & impeller shaft & its about ready for reinstalling.

I haven't physically looked at it yet but should I question the condition of the Hull Thru Fitting, I left the driveshaft unsupported (pump disassembled for about 2yrs) but still attached to the engine side.

The Ring in front of the impeller (on the driveshaft) looks to be fine.

The Impeller Boot looks to be fine & it still feels to be held rather firmly in place but I haven't tried to pull it off yet. (Note below)

I recall there was some brittle material possibly a thread locker or other liquid filler hardening material " in the area" of the impeller to driveshaft) but unsure of its location used.
The impeller boot still contained grease.

Any incite welcomed

Last edited:
The hanging drive shaft will not be a problem,,,make sure the "O" rings inside the back of the hull,,,have not fallen off,,,should be 3 of them,,when you are going to install the pump,,,put marine grease on the prop side of the drive shaft,,,and on the boot,,,
,also...remove the venturi,,,this will allow you to just reach in front of the pump to lift the drive shaft to align with the prop boot,,,to attach your 17's to the studs...put them in a short 17 mm socket and use a long/12 inch extension to start their thread on the stud,,,its so hard to reach in there with your hand,,
When you tighten the venturi bolts,,do not use a torque wrench,,,the receiving nuts are only encapsulated in platic housings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back