RESTO It arrrived!! My 1995 XP800 restoration project!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got some more work done. Got the top wet sanded and wheeled out. It was rough tons of sanding my driveway is yellow, lol.
Drive.jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

WOW extended amount of time since this thread was updated but MAN its looking good. Nice job

Thank you! Yep life kinda got in the way with other things, hopefully this will be on the water next year. Not really in a rush but it would be nice to clear up the tons of seadoo parts I got in my garage.

Yeah thanks for checking back in with an update. It's looking great!
Thanks Matt!! So I got a new DESS Key. Can your DESS key programmer also check to see if the MPEM is good? I would hate to send you the MPEM and new key and then get the MPEM back and it not work. Also looking for a new impeller, not stock, I want the best you got for holeshot with stock engine, I don't care if I lose top end speed.

I can make sure that your MPEM will recognize the key but I won't know if it has spark and such but they usually do. The MPEM holds up to 8 keys so if you have an old one send it so you'll have an extra.
Hit me up at (850)259-1581 and I'll dig through the impellers and shoot over pics and prices. I'm usually around the parts daytime weekdays.

I finally got some more work done. Got the top wet sanded and wheeled out. It was rough tons of sanding my driveway is yellow, lol.

Where are you getting your stickers ? I am debating on removing the large sticker on the dash before painting the upper section. I'd like to replace it but don't want to buy a whole kit of graphics.

Where are you getting your stickers ? I am debating on removing the large sticker on the dash before painting the upper section. I'd like to replace it but don't want to buy a whole kit of graphics.
Yep I'm going to get the whole kit from PWCgraphics. Give him a call i'm sure he will do a dash sticker for you. I purchased bottom hull decals from him last year for my GSX.

Got my care package from Matt B today (reprogrammed MPEM and new impeller). Impeller is awesome! As always Matt is a great guy to deal with! Check out the pics of this impeller! Hopefully I will get the time to rebuild my pump this weekend.
DSCN3586.JPGDSCN3586.JPGDSCN3585.JPG

Wow I can't believe I got this thing 2 1/2 years ago! Well due to recent events I have got a bunch of work done! won't be long now. Ordered the new graphics from PWCGraphics and the should be here any day now.

Attachments

• DSCN5352.JPG
    DSCN5352.JPG
    514.9 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCN5353.JPG
    DSCN5353.JPG
    466.3 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCN5354.JPG
    DSCN5354.JPG
    511.8 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN5355.JPG
    DSCN5355.JPG
    516.2 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN5356.JPG
    DSCN5356.JPG
    511.3 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN5358.JPG
    DSCN5358.JPG
    496.3 KB · Views: 58
It looks a little like the small oil lines are still original. Be sure to replace them. Be a shame to do all that work and then have the thing grenade because of those old lines.

It looks a little like the small oil lines are still original. Be sure to replace them. Be a shame to do all that work and then have the thing grenade because of those old lines.
iirc factory didnt use zipties on the oil lines, maybe the motor got a nice respray?

It's a whole new rebuilt engine and all lines are new along with paint on motor and exhaust. I even taped off a small "window" section in the small oil lines like the factory did but you can't see that in the pictures. And yes I used the zip ties with the metal locking tabs. When I have had time to work on this project I didn't take pictures of everything. Now that I got more time Im going to try and add more pictures and info for the rest of the build. Thanks guys!!

It's a whole new rebuilt engine and all lines are new along with paint on motor and exhaust. I even taped off a small "window" section in the small oil lines like the factory did but you can't see that in the pictures. And yes I used the zip ties with the metal locking tabs. When I have had time to work on this project I didn't take pictures of everything. Now that I got more time Im going to try and add more pictures and info for the rest of the build. Thanks guys!!

Exactly how you make it look factory fresh. Awesome job.

Well I got the engine aligned and my decal kit came. Box was crushed and some damage to the rear decals but I think I can save them. Also had him do the registration numbers in the same font and color as the XP800. These all look great can't wait till I'm ready to install these!

Attachments

• DSCN5359.JPG
    DSCN5359.JPG
    479.6 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN5360.JPG
    DSCN5360.JPG
    524.2 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN5366.JPG
    DSCN5366.JPG
    486.1 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN5367.JPG
    DSCN5367.JPG
    506.4 KB · Views: 43
Was this the guy from PWCGraphics? how was your experience dealing with them? I'm considering ordering from them too.

Was this the guy from PWCGraphics? how was your experience dealing with them? I'm considering ordering from them too.
Yes, Mike is great to deal with! And his products are awesome! The Post Office just screwed up this order. Before this order I purchased some stuff from him for my GSX a few years ago. If you don't want the exact factory look on your decals he will work with you and send you different renderings depending on what you want before he prints anything. Once you agree on colors and everything he prints and ships within a few days.

Edit: Mike offered me to send the damaged decals back and send me new ones but I'm sure I can still use these. Great service!

Last edited:
Yes, Mike is great to deal with! And his products are awesome! The Post Office just screwed up this order. Before this order I purchased some stuff from him for my GSX a few years ago. If you don't want the exact factory look on your decals he will work with you and send you different renderings depending on what you want before he prints anything. Once you agree on colors and everything he prints and ships within a few days.

Edit: Mike offered me to send the damaged decals back and send me new ones but I'm sure I can still use these. Great service!
awesome!! cant wait to see how it looks when you have them installed

Converted a good 96 MFG over to 95 connectors. If you get serious about soldering spend the money on a Weller Iron. I can't even remember how long I have had mine and only had to change the tip out once on the iron.

Attachments

• DSCN5414.JPG
    DSCN5414.JPG
    487.9 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN5415.JPG
    DSCN5415.JPG
    496.4 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN5416.JPG
    DSCN5416.JPG
    478.9 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN5417.JPG
    DSCN5417.JPG
    526.4 KB · Views: 35
Got a lot done today, all electrical hooked up, new battery installed, hood back on, driveshaft and new carrier bearing in, pump rebuilt. Did not try to fire the engine up but it cranks over, VTS works, and both gauges work.
DSCN5418.JPGDSCN5419.JPGDSCN5420.JPGDSCN5421.JPGDSCN5423.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back