Islandia Front Fountain Pump Hose

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

speedluver

Hello, all,

I purchased a 2001 Islandia a few weeks ago and am loving it so far! I've been reading these forums for the last month or so, and it has been a valuable resource for getting familiar with and knowing what to look for when I bought my boat. So thank you!

Everything seems to be working so far except a steering issue and the fountain pump hose in the bow. I filled the fresh water tank last week and tested out the sink, rear shower, and bow nozzle. All work great. The pump in the fountain works well, too, but the black hose that runs from the fountain pump then out to the side of boat to discharge is cracked in several places. I looked up the parts and had a hard time figuring out what exactly needs replaced. From the parts list it appears to be #48 from the image below, which is listed as "Hose Bilgeflex 5/8" (Meter) 204050299." It looks to me that the black hose runs from the pump, through the hole in the fountain compartment, and then to the discharge hole on the side of the boat next to the sink discharge hole.

Fountain.jpg

hose.jpg

I was at the hardware store last night and bought 5' of clear hose (as in pic above) with a 5/8" diameter inside opening. Does anyone know if I can run that from the pump, through the first hole into the ski locker area and then directly to the discharge hole in the side of the boat? Or is there a break in the hose at #47 where I would just need to cut the hose in two? Should this type of hose work instead of the black bilgeflex hose? I am assuming I would need some kind of sealant where it runs through the fountain compartment and attaches to the discharge hole on the side. Should this work, or am I missing something here? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't think I'd have a chance to look at the boat tonight, but I did. It looks like someone had already done some work to the area. Part of #47 in the first pic above doesn't look like it is there. The black hose was run directly through the hole in the fountain compartment and had a ton of sealant around the hose and the pump wires. It looks like the type of hose I got should work, but it is going to have to be longer to reach the discharge hole on the side of the boat. This shouldn't be a problem as long as the hose will still fit onto the through-hull assembly piece that makes up what I am calling the discharge hole on the side,...if I can actually reach it from the ski compartment. My flashlight was pathetic and I was kind of half in the compartment on my back, so I couldn't tell how hard it would be to reach it.

I'll update in case anyone is interested. Also, if it is very difficult to reach and attach the new hose to the fitting on the discharge hole, I might try to find some kind of 5/8" to 5/8" hose coupling adapter and just use the existing hose to the side and my new hose from the pump. It seems to be in great shape, and I won't really use this enough for it to matter if it leaks a tiny bit.

Sorry if this is confusing, but I don't know what other terms to describe some of this with.

Thanks!

#47 is a fitting that should be in the sump where the fountain pump is. SO... the hose you bought will go from that fitting to the fitting in the side of the hull. There are no "Cuts" in the hull where you can't see them.

Thanks, Dr Honda. I'll check it out this weekend and hopefully get it working. My kids love the little pool, but I just hate draining all of that water into the bilge.

Thanks, Dr Honda. I'll check it out this weekend and hopefully get it working. My kids love the little pool, but I just hate draining all of that water into the bilge.

Really... it's not a big deal for it to go into the bilge. That boat can hold +100 gal in the bilge, and you won't even notice it. (it's a big boat)

You are right. The fountain is a good time. My 2 kids play with it all the time. Sometimes when it's just in the drive way, they get into it, and play with the little pool.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have been looking for some of these parts for a year for our Islandia. It appears they are all discontinued, and all are missing from our boat. It is just a bilge pump that is pumping to the outlet. Is there anywhere that you know we can get the fountain nozzle, etc..? Thanks for the help!

-Hartley

The fountain pump is a square 1000 gph Rule pump. You can find them all over. As far as the nozzle... look on ebay. There are a few places that are parting out islandia's on ebay.

Yes I have the pump in place. Everytime I find one being pated out they seem to not have any of the items for the fountain available. Is the nozzle something special or can I just get something from the hardware store to be equivalent. Seems like it all needs to be rigid to work properly. Thanks for the help.

Did you send messages to the sellers? I know there are 3 different sellers parting them out. AND, I doubt they would post a simple hunk of hose, with a nozzle.

I don't know if there is an equivalent part out there, other than from a pond supply. The fountain nozzle isn't just an open hose... but it needs to fit in the deck plate.

I'm sure you can rig something... but I don't know of an exact replacement other than the OEM parts.

Really... Sometimes when it's just in the drive way, they get into it, and play with the little pool.

OK, that is just funny. I can just see the boat in your drive with the kids in the pool and wondering what in the world they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back