Is this a Starter relay issue?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

don't sink

Starter would occasionally not spin. Thought it was a bad starter so I installed new one. Same issue.

Cleaned/tightened all contacts-same

I hear a click when I try to start-sometimes starter spins no issues- other times just turns enough to notice it is turning. Meaning barely noticeable.

Solenoid?????

Jump across the two large terminals on the solenoid, if the starter turns the motor over its the solenoid if not it's the starter.

BTW, the new starter, was it made in China?

Lou

Those solenoids can be crossed referenced with lawn tractors for about $7.00 if you find you need one.

Ok- went to do the jump test, tried regular start and it was fine for about 8 times- then starter spun and would not stop till I disconnected battery.

Slight Thread Jack, I have a Mecury 240EFI with similar issue. Replaced starter with new OEM model. Every 6-7th start, starter will spin, but bendix doesn't pop up. Eventually it starts, and the will restart fine for the next 6-7 starts. Could this be same issue on the Merc. motor?
C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back