Is the ‘97 SPI/SPX Fuel Baffle dimensions, same as ‘97 GSX?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gsx-doer

Hi,
After 24 years of owning my much loved ‘97 GSX, the fuel baffle body has begun to leak and is allowing a small amount of air to enter the fuel system - so the baffle’s got to go. I isolated the baffle from the fuel selector and water separator, and added a small section of clear Tygon to the supply line. Fault was obvious. A few years back I repaired the fuse and it’s since worked flawlessly. Getting ready to hand this toy off to my grown children, so I want this issue cleared. I can get a good baffle locally, out of a ‘97 SPI, but I can’t seem to find any info on the dimension (actual length) as compared to the GSX. If the baffle is the same length and diameter, I’d swap the boards, make any necessary wiring adjustments and be good to go. My baffle already had the potting compound removed from the top, when I did the fuse repair. Anyone have a ‘97 SP/SPI/SPX baffle close by and able to take a measurement from their parts stash (top of the hose nipple to the bottom screen). Better yet, if someone already knows that the baffle bodies are identical and the same length - I’d sure appreciate your feedback. Cheers, and thanks kindly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back