97 GS best way to remove fuel baffle?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkoeb

I just picked up a very clean 97 GS and the fuel gauge doesn't work. I am sure it is the F1 fuse in the baffle. What is the easiest way to get the baffle out. I started and can't get it all the way out of the tank due hitting inside of the jetski. Any help would be great

Ok I was able to get the unit out once I removed the steering. was a pain but was able to do it. Now the next issue my fuel gauge was not working so I believe it was the F1 fuse. When I pulled the unit out I notice the end cap and float was missing. I can see the float at the bottom of the tank so it was not floating as it should of so this might of been my issue. I have order a new one. Being that I have the sending unit out I cut it open to repair the F1 fuse but this is what I see. I don't see the F1 fuse

Attachments

• 20220824_171253.jpg
    20220824_171253.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220824_171301.jpg
    20220824_171301.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220824_171307.jpg
    20220824_171307.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 12
The missing float no doubt is the problem,,,but no doubt the fuse is gone or will eventually go,..its tiny,

Unfortunately I can't make out the pic,,,on my 96xp baffle,,,the fuse is near the top of the circuit board,,it is very tiny,,,like most components on a circuit board...and it will be labelled F1

I think I have it repaired. How do I test it using a meter before I install it back in the jetski?

Put your meter on ohms and put the float back
Inside. Put the black
Lead into plug with red and black stripe. Red lead into plug with solid red wire. Then tilt your baffle. When float reaches top reading should be close to 0 and when at the bottom it should be around 88

Ok I just tried it and not getting and different reading with the float up or down. I hooked the unit back up to the jetski (not in the tank) and the gauge now shows full but if I slid the float up and down in the unit the fuel gauge doesn't change. What have I done wrong?

Can you take a picture of what you soldered on the board? Sounds like you just jumped the two wires bypassing the entire board instead of jumping the fuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back