97 GSX fuel baffle problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Jesse.wood

Ever since I got this ski, the fuel lights been on, so today I pulled the fuel baffle, and found that the float was missing and I think a filter thats supposed to be on the bottom of the tube. I drained the tank and searched it, and found nothing, so I don't know where it's gone.
Anyway, what are the parts that my baffle is missing here (apart from the float)?

Attachments

• 20230922_180456.jpg
    20230922_180456.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230922_180503.jpg
    20230922_180503.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 5
It looks like that's all your missing, the float and the screen that snaps on to the bottom of the tube. If they are not in the fuel tank then it was taken apart and worked on previously. Look in the shop manual. There are probably some tests you can preform to see if the baffle is working before ordering parts. You might be able to mount a small magnet on a wood stick to simulate the float before you order parts. Insulate the magnet so you do not short anything out.

just order the new float,,they updated them to white plastic,,,then you can do resistance measurements as per the manual

Back