Is my 2001 240efi prone to the oil pump failure?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
My oil bypass experience -with pictures

Should be exactly what you're after. The link is posted on the 1st page of the Merc section.

Perfect! Thanks again.
I read this on another Seadoo forum site.
Anything to consider from it?
“I think it is hard to block off the Oil inj on the 240 because the ECU would need to be reprogrammed to not put the engine in Limp mode when the sensor fails to see inj oil. I think the the inj system on the 240 is reliable and have not heard of any engine failures related to it. The 240 uses a elec oil pump unlike the crank gear driven ones used on the 175.There has been alot of failures on the 175s because the plastic gear on the crank tends to strip. I have run the 175 and the 240 and the 240 runs alot colder than the 175 I have heard that the plugs foul alot easier on a 240 then a 175 because of this.”

i have a 2001, and installed the oil block off. no problems, and don;t believe what you read elsewhere. the oil injection on the early 240efi engines is not electric.

I am trying to decide whether to leave oil-injection or premix. Replacing engine because i got distracted while adding oil to the reservoir and left cap off. If i do leave oil injection am going to figure out some way to signal or disable engine if the cap is off again. It really sucked as the engine was running great.
Will make other mistakes in future but not that one again !!!!

I am trying to decide whether to leave oil-injection or premix. Replacing engine because i got distracted while adding oil to the reservoir and left cap off. If i do leave oil injection am going to figure out some way to signal or disable engine if the cap is off again. It really sucked as the engine was running great.
Will make other mistakes in future but not that one again !!!!

If I burned my motor as you, I would go pre-mix. And this is coming from someone who is a big fan of oil-injection.

On a side note i'm thinking of pulling the oilier off and dropping a camera down the bore to look at my gear. Reading all these posts about the gear driving injection is getting me a bit paranoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back