intercooled gtx?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference between SC IC and SC non IC...about 30hp...other factors involved...I'm sure. But I'd wager you'd still see an increase in performance. Especially if you go with externally mounted IC, as opposed to an oem IC for say...an'05 rxt.

You'd probably have to remove the resonator oem exhaust and go thru hull exhaust...might get away with a free flo..hard to tell with that pic.

The blow off valve in that set up I'd do away with...too many of them bleed air. Since you probably won't be pushing more than 7-9lb of boost...I wouldn't figure you'd have a need for one.

You will need to up your prop in order to take advantage of the extra umph you'll be getting.

Sorry to disrupt the thread but this stuff is over my head.

R2B - is SML, Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia? i googled it.

OKaydokie u

never knew about the 10 character minimum. The first line went thru ok,(9 letters and 1 space) then i edited these words.

Last edited by a moderator:
while you physically can put the ic on the 03 gtx sc, there are a bunch of differences between the sc ic and the sc models and you won't get the true benefits from it without changing a lot. even the sc gear is different on the ic models.

you think you wear out wear rings fast now, with an ic you will ruin a wear ring in 5 minutes. the 03 pumps were plastic that flex a lot, in 04 they changed to aluminum.

Last edited by a moderator:
while you physically can put the ic on the 03 gtx sc, there are a bunch of differences between the sc ic and the sc models and you won't get the true benefits from it without changing a lot. even the sc gear is different on the ic models.

you think you wear out wear rings fast now, with an ic you will ruin a wear ring in 5 minutes. the 03 pumps were plastic that flex a lot, in 04 they changed to aluminum.

They changed the pump back to plastic recently.

The main differences between the 185 and the 215/255 are the supercharger gear (17 tooth instead of 16), ECU (lower rev limit), pistons (cast instead of forged), no intercooler, fuel pressure regulator, 155mm prop vs. 159mm.

That being said, there's a certain limit you can reach before engine reliability goes down the drain. Usually changing the fuel pressure regulator and ECU to match the 215 skis and putting an external intercooler, 4" air intake, upgraded supercharger, and pump/prop change is as far as most people will go before swapping pistons and the gear for the supercharger. I almost forgot that a rideplate mod can add quite a bit of speed and handling.

Here are my intercooler and air intake setups:

http://pwcmuscle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=240
http://pwcmuscle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=239

You'll likely need a catch can (which I also have available) and a short exhaust tube (which I can source) to replace the OE plastic resonator that is in the way of the external intercooler location. The rear exhaust/thru-hull is NOT required with my kit. Product info/updates are in progress for the online store in regards to the "Fizzle" items.

I hope this advice and these parts prove helpful to you.

im sure that there'll be a couple things tht i would have to replace or actually upgrade but i just want to kno if its possible and the stuff that i should take care off before doing that project

Sure, you can add an intercooler just by itself. If it's an external intercooler you'll have to remove the exhaust resonator on the right side to fit the intercooler. It can be replaced by a short section of pipe for almost no cost. Also, the stock intercooler block-off plug needed on the 215's would not be needed for your GTX. If you want to add the OEM 215 intercooler I suggest buying a used manifold with the intercooler in it + the locking collar.

what is the manifold witn internated intercooler is that the 215 ?

yes. the 185 and 255 will have a flame arrestor in them. removing the flame arrestor from the manifold on either model will result in an increase in boost pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back