Installing hour meter? Usage, and jet pump related issues.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

noviceskier

Went to the lake house for 7 days and took the 96 sts's for a trip with me.

Being generous I'd say the ski was 'on' for about 5 hours a day as minimum although some days it was ran for longer than others. So as a minimum of 35 hours of riding it, it did amazing. No complaints there. Although it being ran hard for a couple hours I let it rest and took it slow because I didn't want it to stay at peak temperature for a long time. Went through about 3 tank of oil in it as well.

Only reason I'd like an hour meter (inside engine bay) is just to keep track on wear items.) I just would like to wire it so it does not drain the battery when not in use.

On the side note though the vacuum operated bilge worked thankfully because sitting in the water for hours water does enter the hull, but by the time the day starts im already on the water and the pump did its magic.

Also one of my favorite skis to wave jump with and handles rough water nicely. Trim all the way up has its fun.

Another small issue is cavitation, ski ramps up to 8k (especially with two people) when trying to get on plane so it makes it a bit tricky when trying to have fun although by backing off throttle it allows pump to do its thing so I just plan on doing a jet pump rebuild, any sites you all recommend for other brand pwcs?

Thinking about changing my props pitch, all i care about is holeshot/low end torque. Top speed isn't a problem for me because I'm not focused on going fast really.

Although thinking about about an aftermarket solution for intake grate because I ride in choppy water and I'd prefer to have the pump being fed water as much as possible. Although a couple mph loss is fine by me. As long as it's 40mph+ good by me.

Any feedback would be nice, having others opinions would be good before I pull the trigger on anything.
Think I may have found my issue though.

Don't want to blame whatever caused this on the PO, but since I've never beached the thing hard or sucked anything into jet pump I'd assume it was from their use.(Also my best attemp at decent pictures, opinions wanted!)
1561057796258.png
1561057823615.png
1561057843055.png
1561057102013.png
1561057120531.png
1561057205839.png

Attachments

• 1561057187798.png
    1561057187798.png
    690.8 KB · Views: 7
Thursday was the last day of the brother 750sts, took them out of the lake with friends and the motor went, the 25yearold motor finally went, instant indication is when I pulled plugs one was white, ran lean. Had Oil leak as well since engine bay was mixed with a light coat of oil and water. Don't know if I'll rebuild it since the ski itself wasn't really anything special although I probably could make my money back parting it out and buying a plastic spark for the hell of it.

If anything I could try my luck throwing a top-end but before I do that I'd like to pinpoint the failure which caused it to seize in the first place. Gonna have to jump on the carbs, although I'm happy with getting a season out of the skis considering the price. Put more then 100 hours on it so I'd say a refresh was probably needed anyhow.

Now it's time to finish the HX, will update with that later down the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back