Installed My Hydro-Turf

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssmedt

Well I got my Hydro-Turf installed yesterday:hurray: went on very easy and i am very happy with the turn out; i will test it in the water next weekend:cheers:

before
15.jpg

16.jpg

after:

17.jpg

18.jpg

it is "grey" in "cut Diamond"

A Very Niiiceee...

Great looking boat and nice install, also like the write-up you did too.

A few questions, did Hydro-Turf recommend using the 3M surface prep cleaner/wipes at all? 3M makes some specialized wipes for applications of their bonding products, just wondering if I shold pick some up before I do my install.

Also, I saw your post about the back hatch as well, I wonder how it would look with the 2 side pieces and not the middle section? Might present a different look entirely.

went for my first outing today with the new hydro-turf and wow was it QUIET:rofl: but also it was really nice to be able to stand back on the swim platform and not worry about falling in the water and it make it so much easier to get back on the platform from the water:hurray:

went for my first outing today with the new hydro-turf and wow was it QUIET:rofl: but also it was really nice to be able to stand back on the swim platform and not worry about falling in the water and it make it so much easier to get back on the platform from the water:hurray:

Funny you say that, I fell and twisted my ankle last year, I put Hydroturf on the rear platform and step. I love it.

Nice work. I should just get the whole floor done, I have a snap in carpet though that works fine.

KH

Looks great. Here is a photo of mine. Hopefully I was able to attach it.

Attachments

• interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 412
Looks GREAT guys! I should be getting mine in a couple of weeks. Can't wait now, that I see how much better it looks.

Definitely something I am interested in. Last time I checked, I think it was going to be around $300.00 for my boat. Where did you get it from?

RIght here...

Definitely something I am interested in. Last time I checked, I think it was going to be around $300.00 for my boat. Where did you get it from?

You can find the Turf here... http://www.hydroturf.com/

I ordered mine last Monday, I;m hoping it'll be here before the holiday weekend so I can install it. I ordered the molded diamond in dark gray for my 03 Sportster.

I installed my hydro turf today:) couldn't seem to load a picture for some reason but there are a couple pics in my profile...

Got mine in today....waiting to get a spot of the gel cote fixed to install. I got black marble. It looks pretty good. Just wondering if it is going to hot as burnt biscuits on the feet. Only time will tell.

Here is the back half of mine.

I haven't gotten all of the inside pieces yet, but have the back hatch and swim platform installed (most important parts for us, we spend most of our time there).

I drew up the side pieces for the back hatch and had Snipe cut the pieces for me out of "blemished" diamond cut sheets with the 3M adhesive.

Attachments

• hydroturf.jpg
    hydroturf.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 424
Try to get some pics today before or after taking her out to post up...the gel cote repair kit is still on the way from Canada. All put in but one. Right swim platform piece was left off to fix the chip.. I even put on the front top pieces , not sure if I like them or not.

Ordered my hydroturf today and was just wondering if anybody had any advise to get the old stuff off and what i needed to do for prep work Thanks

I haven't seen any instructions to place the pre-cut mats but I know that a 3m adhesive is used. This adhesive is already pasted on the back side of the mats or this is something that comes in a can and I apply it with a brush? Anyone can directme to installation instructions? Anyway, my other question is, how durable this adhesive is? How ofen the mats come off at a corner or so and how to I re-ply glue? With a brush? And what product should I buy at the hardware to make glue repairs? If I have to apply the glue, my other question is, in those areas I went over outside the mats, when the sun hits it, does it turn yelowish color making the white deck look bad?

It is alreday applied on the back of the mats. I would say it like just a big sticker. Peel and stick. Everyone seems to say once they are down they are good and dont come up. Since nobody wants to buy my gray set, I am heading out to the garage now to peel the old stuff off and get it ready. I will pkst any tips I come up with.

The 3M is the same stuff I have had on the back of my surfboard grip for years. Yes, with lots of use, it may start to peel up, but regular use shouldn't affect it for many years.

Now, the HARD part is getting the old glue off.

The wife and I used all the chemicals, including acetone, goo gone, gasoline, marvel oil, all kinds of items, and nothing really works.

The best bet that we found was get a heavy scraper with a razor on the end. buy about a gallon of goo gone. Literally a gallon. have a large garbage can nearby and LOTS of rags that will be thrown away.

Two things going on here, one is scraping the bulk of the goo off in small areas, maybe 6"x6" at a time. Pour goo gone into a butter dish or small bowl, and brush it on with a 2" paint brush. It will evaporate pretty quickly, so start scraping with your scraper to get the bulk of the crap off.

The next thing after getting the thick tacky stuff off is really just friction. You can dab the rags in goo gone if you want, and it will start to take some more of the goo off, but it really starts to work when it dries and the rag just sticks to the goo and rubs it off. Turn the rag alot and just keep rubbing until all the residue is off. It will roll of like if you have rubber cement on your fingers and you roll your fingers together, but will take MUCH more work.

It took us about 2-1/2 hours to get the swim platform clean, because it has that rough area made into the gelcoat. The hatch only took me an hour because the glue comes off the smooth areas much easier. Be careful with the razor scraper on the smooth areas as it will scratch the gel.

I didn't care if I knocked some of the gel off the bumps on my gel at the swim platform, but honestly, not much was damaged.

I used Goo Gone and a good heavy scrub brush and it seem to work wonders, it took off the sticky stuff in no time. I started just using a rag and goo gone it was taking forever.

Heat on the feet?

Hey, I am looking into putting black or yellow mats down on my sportster. I'm leaning towards black. They look sharp and would definitely be easier to keep clean. My one concern though is the heat on the feet with the black mats. Can anyone comment on this? Do the BLACK mats cook the feet??

Have black and no issues, the matts don't absorb heat... :) There's a coupon/sale info somewhere on this site to get a discount..

My concern is how easy does it clean? We use our boat for not just fun but getting to and from our island. So that means shoes and some dirty feet. How easy does this clean? Does it just wash out?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back