Impeller problem??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

btabor25

I have a problem with my 2006 Sea-doo Challenger. I was out last weekend and got into some shallow water and sucked up some rocks. I was just coasting so I shut off the engine right away when I herd it happen. When I went back out in deaper water I started it back up and when I gave it a little throttle the RPM's went up and there was a lot of vibration and the boat really didn't go anywhere. So I haven't pulled anything apart yet but I am thinking it probably either a bent impeller, wear ring or drive shaft. Has anyone had this problem before and if so how did you fix it? I know my basics and feel pretty comfortable working on the boat but does anyone know a approximate price if I took it into a Sea-doo dealer what they would charge?

I appreciate any feed back!

You seem to know what you need to inspect. I would say do that first before you start asking troubleshooting questions. Once you see what kind of damage you have or don't have, post your findings and then you can can get some help. Take pictures and post them if you are unsure of anything.

One bit of advice I could give you at this point is to also check to see if you are taking on any water in the hull, that is if your boat is still at/near the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back