Impeller mod

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kustomkarl

Premium Member
Premium Member
On my 1997 Challenger model 5603 787, Who has replaced their impeller and what degree did you use? I am in salt water and know that if you are in salt that the degree is 1/2 degree less than fresh water. I remember the difference from the days of racing Kawasaki's stand-up ski's. I looked on Solas web site, but it didn't give much in detail as far as degree or availability and Skat Trak seems to be non exsistance... any Help would be super! My stock seadoo # is 204 160 027 they offer only this # for an impeller for this appliciation in my parts book.
Karl

i dont need a impellor mod but i was wondering and its kind of related. how much do you think the new intake grate mod helps out on the new RXPs????

Impeller.....

Your right Karl, I noticed how old it was, but with the season coming up, their are bound to be tons of questions about "mods".
Insaneta, the aftermarket grates aren't really to make you go faster, they are suppose to cut down on cavitation and with the fin set-up, try to direct water into the pump while "spinning out" or when landing after being in air. They are just to get a better response time. And quite honestly, I don't know if the huge $$$$$$$ are worth the couple extra miles per hour I'd get out of a new impeller. But like any business, like the people selling all these additives for the fuel and oil, it's just so way over done............If people will pay for it, there will always be companys to make it.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i knew it wouldnt make you go faster but i just figured it would keep you going better when the waters a little choppy.i'm sure its a couple hundred bucks and not worth it..lol

Choppy waters....

There may be some good use to it with choppy waters. Because there is acutally a fin that crosses horizontally, that is canted to push water into the pump, in choppy waters, it may be worth a few extra bucks....but in smoother waters....maybe not so much.

yeah when the waters like glass it hugs like its cool. if its choppy and i'm going over 30 it feels like i'm on a seaplane and trying to take off...lol if i get rich i'll buy one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back