I'm confused - Seadoo Challenger that Looks like a Scarab

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

schnur7

facebook link

Above is the link to a listing for a 2012 Seadoo Challenger 180, but is has the Scarab logo and it looks more like some Scarabs I've seen than a challenger. The seller said that it's a Seadoo with the design of a Scarab. Did Scarab take over Seadoo in 2012? I couldn't find much on the internet.

My understanding is Sea-Doo stopped boat production fall of 2012, Scarab started jet production in late 13, early 14 using BRP’s Rotax for their motors. This one is oddly suspect, I don’t believe there was a partnership between SeaDoo and Scarab for anything aside from power plant and speedos etc. I would highly doubt they would put a new product on a Sea-Doo trailer as well use Sea-Doo branded seats. Guessing someone bought some Scarab graphics. Would be curios what the Hin pulls up.

Is there somewhere on the internet I can enter the VIN to see what comes up? I know you can do that for cars.

facebook link

Above is the link to a listing for a 2012 Seadoo Challenger 180, but is has the Scarab logo and it looks more like some Scarabs I've seen than a challenger. The seller said that it's a Seadoo with the design of a Scarab. Did Scarab take over Seadoo in 2012? I couldn't find much on the internet.
That’s not a Challenger 180. That’s a Challenger 210 that someone put a Scarab logo on.

That’s not a Challenger 180. That’s a Challenger 210 that someone put a Scarab logo on.
Thanks! I guess the posting just said Challenger and I didn't realize they made a 210. He did say he put the logo on it last year when he had the motor rebuilt. Not sure why - thought it would look more cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back