Ignition Controlled Fuse Block

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

scarfie

I'm having trouble with the fuse block in the storage compartment in the front console. (2000 Challenger 2000). There are two fuse blocks built in on the MPEM. The port side block works fine. The starboard side block has a short (the wiring to and from the block has a short - not the block itself).

This block of fuses holds the leads for the horn, running lights, deck lights, bilge pump and blower. I was able to connect all of this to the other fuse block (losing my 12v cigarette lighters to fit everything).

We went through a series of tests and determined the MPEM was losing 3 or 4 volts on the faulty fuse block side. I replaced the MPEM and now there is always a solid 12v coming off each lead. HOWEVER, none of the accessories work (even theough there is enough voltage) because, apparently, this set of fuses is controlled by the ignition switch. Once the key is turned, the accessories come on (if their respective switch is on).

I pulled the cap ooff one of the plastic terminals which connect all of the ground wires. This un-shorted something. The accessories worked from the suspect fuse terminal. Bounced the boat around on the trailer and it shorted again.

I'm trying my patience tracing all the wires. I've tried to track down a wiring diagram to help with the problem. I can't find one anywhere.

Where can I find a diagram? Any suggestions on testing?

Thank you!

I suggest becoming a premium member and downloading a service manual from the premium section. Click on the "seadoo Manuals" Link on the top of the page for details. This is the best way to trouble shoot your own problems, and if you still have a problem ask away and I'm sure you get a positive response back.
Karl

I was a premium member and downloaded the service manual. It doesn't help in this case because there is no wiring diagram or much mention at all about the accessories. The manual has come in real handy for the other problems that I've been able to fix.

I managed to find a shop manual for the Speedster, Challenger 1800, Challenger 2000 and X-20. It is copyright 2002 so I am assuming it is for the 2002 models. My Challenger 2000 is a year 2000.

From the diagram, the wiring looks almost identical except my boat has a 6th switch (the diagram only has 5) that shuts off the alarm that goes off for low gas, overheat, etc.

It looks like the fuse block in question is tied in to the safety lanyard switch. I know there is a short in one of the wires somewhere. I'm going to find a place to print a large copy of this diagram and then trace everything again this weekend.

I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

PM....

Scarfie, I sent you a PM earlier today but haven't heard back from you. How about check it and get back with me.........
Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back