IBR problems GTX 260 is

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kpvalentine

Hey all,

I have a 2015 GTX 260is. I recently redid the head gasket which has fixed my coolant issue and is working great. But when Iwent out for my first ride after. A half hour is I got a long beep and a flashing IBR light and the gate froze open. I kept riding no problem since it was stuck open. When I parked it to put it on the trailer the code went away gate worked fine.

I still disconnected and cleaned all the connectors and added dielectric grease etc etc. checked fuses all good. I also got a new battery and all looked well.

second ride out it happened again. I came home and took off the gate and found sure enough it was very hard to move and a couple friction sleeves were worn through. Changed it all out it moves freely now. Started it back up and it worked for about five seconds but when it went to brakes it froze in the brake position and IBR light started flashing again. Now it stays blinking. Will not move the gate. I completely unhooked the IBR computer and it didn’t change the blinking light or register that it wasn’t there. I unhooked the power to the IBR motor and it coded like it should have.

I hooked it up to buds and got code C2150 and it’s an active code so I can’t clear it. Under description it reads “system current software breaker”. Under more details It says possible causes are voltage too high. I checked for voltage and have 12.9-13v at the IBR computer and the IBR motor. I also hooked up the motor to a spare battery I have and the motor moves just fine.

please help as I don’t know what any next steps are.....

Fault Code C2130, C2150, C2233,C2250iBR or iS motor or system current software breaker. Motor or module current too high. This fault may occasionally appear as occurred. Nor-mal operation is not affected. If it the count is high, check the moving mechanism of the system if it is stiffer than normal to operate.

Sounds to me like your gate is still binding causing a overcurrent to the motor, so the software shuts down the system. Is there free play in the gate in the frozen position, there should always be about a 1/4 inch of free play in the bucket. I am assuming the system worked before the head gasket repair. The spare battery can’t read a over current to the motor. I would pull the gate and bucket and make sure it’s free and full in all positions and the installation is perfect. If that doesn’t help you might have damaged your IBR motor when it was binding.

Unfortunately I think I did damage it. I have a second 260. Took the IBR that’s not working and plugged it in to the other ski and it gave me the same code and wouldn’t work. I think that gate not working right burned out the computer somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back