IBR gate stuck in neutral

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fonz

2016 wake 155. Coming into dock using forward neutral and reverse to control. Heard a thump and thought I bumped the dock. Turns out I lost all my IBR control. The gate is stuck in neutral position. No code errors. But forward and reverse no longer working. I tried overriding the IBR and the display shows the gate moving up and down but it is not moving. I’m wondering if something broke in the IBR actuator.
All the videos I’ve watched on removing the actuator show moving the gate up or down to get the bolts out. The gate will not move at all. Any suggestions?

You were right. It wasn’t easy, but I did get the gate off. Next step, remove the nut near the gate and pull out the actuator. Hopefully it’s something that can be replaced easily. I know that’s a big wish

See if it works with the gate off first.
Sometimes the linkage jams up and it does exactly what you described.

The motor usually won’t fry unless the gate jambs, either from a obstruction or being hit and binding. It might have been a temporary bind when you hit the dock in reverse but be absolutely sure you didn’t tweek your gate or it will bind again and burn out your new motor. Good time to service your gate with all new bushings also. Service manual when working on the IBR is a must have.

The motor usually won’t fry unless the gate jambs, either from a obstruction or being hit and binding. It might have been a temporary bind when you hit the dock in reverse but be absolutely sure you didn’t tweek your gate or it will bind again and burn out your new motor. Good time to service your gate with all new bushings also. Service manual when working on the IBR is a must have.

Great advice. I will do bushings as well. Thanks

So I ordered a motor on Amazon and had two choices. A 3500 RPM ,a 10000,a 12000 and a 15,000 RPM, All in the 775 series
I ordered the 3500 thinking it would have the torque I needed for the IBR actuator and turns out it was the wrong one. It was very slow going from neutral to forward or reverse. But it did work.
Ended up going to the dealership after my holiday and they put a new actuator in. I did get the old one back and I’d like to put the proper motor in it for a spare. Does anyone know which is the correct speed for the IBR actuator motor? TIA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back