IBR Failure

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennybuoy58

2010 RXT 260 is
With 62 hours I have been told the IBR module needs to be replaced. +/- $2000 CAD. After research I discovered there was a bulletin issued for this model year. Can anyone enlighten me on their experience with this or direct me to a thread that discusses it. I have a case opened with BRP now and waiting to hear back. The dealer is sympathetic but their hands are tied. They are giving me a bit of a break on parts and labour but still a tough pill to swallow. The machine is virtually worthless until repaired.

Good luck to get anything from the dealer on a 2010 PWC.
They do fail, sometimes due to binding of the ibr mechanism, sometimes water ingress from the hatch on top not being watertight. Sometimes the brushes on the motor itself which burn out. Expensive it is...

I understand the Dealer's position and I am grateful for the break they are giving me on the their bill. I am interested to see what BRP may possibly offer. I know it is 9 years old but a $2000 repair should not be required at 62 hours. We will see.

There is a service bulletin 10-9 on the IBR for 2009 and 2010 jet skis. All it says when you order all the parts for your broken 09 or 10 you will automatically receive the 2011 substitute parts. Nothing there about BRP paying for any of it. There are other parts involved beside the module, gate and fixing plates also need to be switched out to the newer parts.

I love Seadoo and bleed yellow but the more issues I hear with the newer models the more I get disgusted with BRP. Way to high of failure rates.

Well that was a total bail out by BRP.

Their response:

Hello Mr. XXXXXXX,
Thanks for your patience while we had the opportunity to review your case.

Unfortunately we are unable to comply with your request for assistance due to the unit being out of warranty for 8 years. This would be BRP's final decision in the matter.

At customer service we are here to support our customer's by providing any information possible or attempting to find a solution outside of our department. In your situation, if you should require further information in regards to this decision, we invite you to speak to your dealership.

However, if there is anything else we can do for you, do not hesitate to contact us again by replying to this email or by calling us at 1-888-272-9222.

We thank you for your continued loyalty.

Have a good day,
Stephanie Hawkes,
Customer Service Supervisor

My response:

Ms Hawkes,
Needless to say this is disappointing news. As I told you during our phone conversation I fully understand it is out of warranty and I was looking for “goodwill” consideration. ( like a possible break on the $1400 part).The Dealer has been very cooperative and provided discounts understanding the situation. BRP not offering any help and charging full price for a part and profiting from a customer with a product that is only 62 hours old is shameful. I will certainly share my experience and encourage anyone to stay away from any BRP product.
Passing the buck to the dealer is so unprofessional and all these people down the line paying the price for you to sit in your ivory tower. Wow, keep up the good work making customers happy. “Thank you for your loyalty” .....seriously? A generic letter tells the whole story. You need to revisit your customer service model.
On your own, you have lost my loyalty to BRP.

I understand your frustration but life is too short to waste both time and energy in this, it is just money.
BTW, my client's McLaren 570S is 4 months old now and cost > 300 000 usd. There is a Lithium-ion battery in it, it failed for whatever reason and a new battery cost roughly 5000 usd once installed. Battery is not part of the warranty.
Bottomline, just enjoy and make enough money to enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back