2010 Bombardier Sea Doo RXT X 260

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wtully

Planning to buy a new Sea Doo? I bought a 2010 Bombardier Sea Doo RXT X 260.

This was the one,

BRP’s 2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260 watercraft includes many of the innovative iControl technologies found on the NMMA Innovation Award winning 2009 Sea-Doo GTX Limited iS including BRP’s exclusive iBR (intelligent Brake & Reverse) system. BRP’s iBR provides riders with a level of control never experienced on the water with simplified manoeuvrability and the peace of mind knowing that riders can stop when wanted. With upgraded, race-inspired steering, with A.E.S. (Adjustable Ergonomic Steering) and customizable power delivery with an electronically adjustable ignition system, the Sea-Doo RXT-X 260 offers enthusiasts the most advanced high-performance PWC in the industry.

Until it sank with out warning, yes I said sank.

The purchased included a two year warranty and trailer for about $16,000 out the door.

We were on Lake Travis for the Sea Ray AquaPalooza 2010 when we purchased this vessel from Woods Fun Center. July 8th 2010.
10-25-10.jpg

We had the vessel serviced at 10 hours, 27 hours and again at 48 hours as per the owners manual and maintenance requirements and all service was performed by Woods Fun Center

We ordered a boarding ladder and had it installed 28 days after we purchased the Sea Doo; 1 ½ hours later at approximately 51 hours the Sea Doo’s over heat alarm went off. The 15 year old boy ridding on the Sea Doo shut the machine off and waited until we reached him with our Sea Ray.

Sea Doo 8/4/2010

At about 4 PM on 8/4 we were on Travis Lake at mile marker 25, just west of Briar Cliff Marina, one of the teens from the youth group was using the Sea Doo and my other guests (5 adults and 3 children) were on our 27’ Sea Ray.

We noticed that the teenager on the Sea Doo was not moving and appeared to be stalled so we headed toward the him. We asked him what was wrong and he said the engine was over heated. I asked the teen to board the Sea Ray and I took over the Sea Doo. I started the Sea Doo and all appeared to be fine—there was no over heat message. Once I got it moving, though, the Sea Doo would not steer correctly. Something seemed to be interfering with the movement of the handlebar; there was resistance in turning right and left. Within a 2 minute period the engine had a long beep tone and the heat message came back on. I immediately hit the off button when a lot of black smoke billowed out of the engine compartment. I thought it was on fire. The smell was similar to burning breaks. I jumped off the Sea Doo into the lake and after several minutes the smoke stopped

I re-boarded the Sea Ray and within a few minutes the Sea Doo started to sink. Several of the men on board jumped into the lake with ropes and tied the Sea Doo to the boat. The preacher with us lost his eye glasses during the scrimmage to save the Doo.

The nose of the Sea Doo was pointed to thy sky and the rest of the boat was submerged. At this point there weren’t many choices so we started to pull the Sea Doo with the boat. As we traveled (at about 5 knots) the Sea Doo began to resurface. We continued toward my home in Briar Cliff and at about 5:20 PM we reached my dock. The guys took the ropes attached to the Sea Doo and pulled the craft onto the boat lift and we raised the lift. The water drained about half way. We took the ropes which were attached to the front of the Sea Doo trailer hook and tied them to the beams above the lift. Next, we lowered the lift so the rear of the Sea Doo was on a 45 degree angle. All water was drained and it was now 7:10 PM. Woods Fun Center (where I purchased the Sea Doo a couple of weeks before) was closed and there was nothing else we could do until the next morning.

Thursday August 5th 9 AM from my cell phone I contacted the service department at Woods and spoke with Reagan and explained the situation. I told him about the Sea Doo sinking, the fire and smoke and that we had the craft on the boat lift. I also explained that the rear jet had become separated from what appeared to be back of the engine. I told him we could see the top left corner and bolt broken away from the engine head and the other bolts were lose and hanging in place as if they came lose.

I also explained when we lowered the craft into the water it appeared as if the water rushed into the engine compartment through this disconnected jet area. Reagan told me to try and start the motor and see if we could get it to the boat ramp, we followed his instructions and tried to start the motor several times but it did not start. I called Reagan back and then told me that we needed to pull the craft to the ramp and to stay as close to the shore as possible in case the Sea Doo sank again however we need to get the boat to him before he could do anything. At 9:30 Am we prepared the boat to pull the Sea Doo to the boat ramp and hooked up the Sea Doo. We lowered the boat lift and made way to the ramps at a faster that normal marina speed (Briar Cliff Marina is only about 5 minutes away at a normal speed). By the time we got there, the Sea Doo was pointed straight up to the sky immersed once again .

We released the ropes from the Sea Ray and Marty, my friend, stayed with the Sea Doo 15’ from the dock. I parked the Sea Ray and got the truck and trailer backed down the ramp and proceeded to help Marty pull the vessel onto the trailer. After several attempts we managed to get the Sea Doo on the trailer Sea Doo hook. We pulled the truck out of the water as the Sea Doo drained. We stopped for a few minutes to allow as much water drain on the ramp before proceeding to level ground. As we started to move forward again the Sea Doo became disconnected from the Sea Doo Trailer hook and fell from the trailer onto the concrete. The front half of the Sea Doo remained on the trailer. The manager from Briar Cliff, a neighbor boater, Marty and myself pushed the Sea Doo back onto the trailer, re-hooked it , and secured the back of the Sea Doo to the trailer with tie downs. At 10:15 AM and we headed toward Woods Fun Center, about a 55 minute ride.

We arrived at the Woods Fun Center about 11:30 AM were we were met by Eric, my sales rep, and another service writer who had taken care of me on several other occasions. Reagan informed the service writer that he would take care of signing me in and he did.

After we completed the paper work Reagan gave me a copy of everything including the service history for the last 3 services and we went outside to disconnect the trailer and Sea Doo from my truck. Reagan asked if the Sea Doo sucked a rope and I told him no and there was nothing in the grill or blocking the water pump area. He stated that one of the other services writers said I mentioned a rope getting caught in the propeller. I told him on the first service at 10 hours we did get a rope sucked into the propeller during the Aqua Palooza concert several weeks ago.

Friday, August 6th, 4:59 PM, I did not hear from Reagan so I called Woods to check in. Reagan was with another customer and I was told he would return my call when he had a minute. I did not hear back from Reagan so I called again on Monday, he was on another call and again not able to take my call. I call again Thursday and was able to speak with Reagan and then with Kevin the service manager.

Kevin informed me that he was not in a position to offer me any warrantee consideration and the engine was filled with water as well. He also stated he did not start any work because he was concerned about his payment. I told him that the manual stated on page 106 that it was important to get the craft to the dealer as soon as possible to avoid further water damage to the vessel and the engine. He stated he was directing his crew to clean and flush the engine immediately.

We are requesting Bombardier Recreational Products Inc to honor their warrantee. This vessel was purchased on July 8th 2010 and all service was completed by an Authorized Dealer on the appropriate schedules. The unit became disabled and over heated without an apparent reason. The unit fell apart inside the engine compartment and could have caused the damage.

An overheated engine should not equal a sinking boat.

A sinking boat should not equal a water damaged engine.

Bombardier would not honor any warrantee work and would not accept any responsibility for the repairs or replacement of the Sea Doo.

The Buds Report shows the Sea Doo overheating, It does not show why it over heated. The Temp Sensor melted off and was and was laying at the bottom of the boat, so the Buds Report showed no other information of why the vessel overheated or if it overheated a second time.

Woods Fun Center Kevin Suitt, manager of the repair center can not identify why the vessel over heated and sank.

The damage was extensive. I called Bombardier and spoke with Jonathan again. He stated Bombardier would not honor any warrantee work unless we could prove the Sea Doo had a manufacture defect.

This is the actual repair order provided by Woods Fun Center on August 19th. 2010

1.jpg

2.jpg

I authorized Woods Center to complete the repairs and on September 9, 2010 we were notified the Sea Doo was repaired, tested and ready for pick up. I paid in full and made arrangements to have my friend Marty pick up the Sea Doo from the Woods Fun Center. I was out of the state so I was unable to retrieve the vessel myself.

The actual total repair bill was reduced several hundred dollars because some parts were not needed.

On October 02, 2010 Marty picked up the Sea Doo from The Woods Fun Center and took it out to the lake for a test run. He purchased gas and put the Sea Doo in the water. The vessel started and Marty headed out on the lake and waited for his friend Matt. After getting Matt on board and within six minutes at speeds less than 30 MPH the Sea Doo overheat warning lights illuminated. Marty turned the engine off and the Sea Doo sank again 400 ft from shore. Marty and Matt could only hold onto the nose of the Sea Doo and swim to shore. This was approximately a one hour swim pulling the Sea Doo with them. The Sea Doo was damaged by the shore line rocks and debris as they were forced to pull the Sea Doo to the boat ramp. The Sea Doo was reloaded onto the Sea Doo Trailer and was promptly returned to Woods Fun Center.

October 21st, 2010 We were notified by Kevin Suitt that the Sea Doo was again repaired and ready for lake testing. This time Woods Technicians would be the testers and we have agreed to allow me to have two observers on the lake side. We are going to pick an agreeable test date next week. Kevin Suitt will try and get Bombardier to join us during the lake test.

This is what I was told by Kevin from Woods Fun Center. The vessel overheated and the temp sensor melted off again and fell to the bottom of the boat. Kevin could not explain why the boat overheated again causing the boat to sink again.

This Sea Doo is filled with electronics, gauges and computer chips. Sinking on three different occasions cannot be good for this new Sea Doo. The bigger issue is the cooling design of the exhaust system of the new Sea Doo and heat sensor attached to the plastic hose with plastic attachment connectors is not working.

Not only is this a bad design, after it gets hot and melts it will allow water to fill the engine compartment and sink the boat in the middle of the lake.

Have Sea Doo vessels been approved by Coast Guard or some other marine official.

Protect your family, protect yourself

The latest repairs are about $1300.00; I’m not sure who is paying for this latest repair.

This vessel falls into the Texas Lemon Law Guidelines on several points, the most important being a very serious safety hazard that could cause severe injury to the operator.

3.jpg

4.jpg

14.jpg

22.jpg

32.jpg

41.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

WOW!!

I feel bad for the ordeal you are going through right now. I am sure you are, but I will say stick with it. It sounds to me that you have a solid argument to have all costs reimbursed, especially since you mention you had all scheduled maintenace performed by your authorized dealer.

And, I was planning to buy a new seadoo next year, which currently my plans were to be a 2010/11 RXT-X 260. Although, lately I have been considering a boat instead.

I am sure you have searched...have you found other newer model Seadoo's with the same issues?

Concerned Boater..

Thanks for your encouragement; I do plan to stay the course.
In my research I have not found any problems like this nor can I find a reason why the vessel is overheating.
I have learned the cooling system for the exhaust was redesigned using very cheap plastic parts with the introduction of the new brake system.
I am more concerned about the safety of this Sea Doo sinking with young teenagers and passengers on board and not many ways to return to shore. Remember if it has sank so has your communication ability.

hello my name is ashton
i recently bought the 2011 rxt x 260 and loved it but unfortunately mine overheated and sunk just like yours.. this happened about 3 weeks ago and is currently still in the shop. so far the warranty department has told my dealership that it is user error. i read your post and to me it sounds like the exact same thing happened to mine. what my mechanics told me was, that the water pump some how either got disconnected or stopped and then overheated and burnt the sensor off.and caused the rest of the damage. so far i have heard nothing but bad news and even though i can afford to fix it , i cant justify spending the money when it only has 30 hrs on it.
this is my last option and im thinking if maybe we get together we could some how both get our money back or more. please contact me as soon as you get this

alavaring@yahoo.com

Not the first time I've heard of a 2010 overheating and sinking. Sorry about your luck but just stick with it and be persistent.

Not the first time I've heard of a 2010 overheating and sinking. Sorry about your luck but just stick with it and be persistent.

The word I heard when these S3 hulls came out....check the hoses...dealers are notorious for not doing a proper job of readying the ski. Of course...a lot of new owners are new to the sport period and it wouldn't occure to them of the need.

Just sayin...

Planning to buy a new Sea Doo? I bought a 2010 Bombardier Sea Doo RXT X 260.

This was the one,

BRP’s 2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260 watercraft includes many of the innovative iControl technologies found on the NMMA Innovation Award winning 2009 Sea-Doo GTX Limited iS including BRP’s exclusive iBR (intelligent Brake & Reverse) system. BRP’s iBR provides riders with a level of control never experienced on the water with simplified manoeuvrability and the peace of mind knowing that riders can stop when wanted. With upgraded, race-inspired steering, with A.E.S. (Adjustable Ergonomic Steering) and customizable power delivery with an electronically adjustable ignition system, the Sea-Doo RXT-X 260 offers enthusiasts the most advanced high-performance PWC in the industry.

Until it sank with out warning, yes I said sank.

The purchased included a two year warranty and trailer for about $16,000 out the door.

We were on Lake Travis for the Sea Ray AquaPalooza 2010 when we purchased this vessel from Woods Fun Center. July 8th 2010.

We had the vessel serviced at 10 hours, 27 hours and again at 48 hours as per the owners manual and maintenance requirements and all service was performed by Woods Fun Center

We ordered a boarding ladder and had it installed 28 days after we purchased the Sea Doo; 1 ½ hours later at approximately 51 hours the Sea Doo’s over heat alarm went off. The 15 year old boy ridding on the Sea Doo shut the machine off and waited until we reached him with our Sea Ray.

Sea Doo 8/4/2010

At about 4 PM on 8/4 we were on Travis Lake at mile marker 25, just west of Briar Cliff Marina, one of the teens from the youth group was using the Sea Doo and my other guests (5 adults and 3 children) were on our 27’ Sea Ray.

We noticed that the teenager on the Sea Doo was not moving and appeared to be stalled so we headed toward the him. We asked him what was wrong and he said the engine was over heated. I asked the teen to board the Sea Ray and I took over the Sea Doo. I started the Sea Doo and all appeared to be fine—there was no over heat message. Once I got it moving, though, the Sea Doo would not steer correctly. Something seemed to be interfering with the movement of the handlebar; there was resistance in turning right and left. Within a 2 minute period the engine had a long beep tone and the heat message came back on. I immediately hit the off button when a lot of black smoke billowed out of the engine compartment. I thought it was on fire. The smell was similar to burning breaks. I jumped off the Sea Doo into the lake and after several minutes the smoke stopped

I re-boarded the Sea Ray and within a few minutes the Sea Doo started to sink. Several of the men on board jumped into the lake with ropes and tied the Sea Doo to the boat. The preacher with us lost his eye glasses during the scrimmage to save the Doo.

The nose of the Sea Doo was pointed to thy sky and the rest of the boat was submerged. At this point there weren’t many choices so we started to pull the Sea Doo with the boat. As we traveled (at about 5 knots) the Sea Doo began to resurface. We continued toward my home in Briar Cliff and at about 5:20 PM we reached my dock. The guys took the ropes attached to the Sea Doo and pulled the craft onto the boat lift and we raised the lift. The water drained about half way. We took the ropes which were attached to the front of the Sea Doo trailer hook and tied them to the beams above the lift. Next, we lowered the lift so the rear of the Sea Doo was on a 45 degree angle. All water was drained and it was now 7:10 PM. Woods Fun Center (where I purchased the Sea Doo a couple of weeks before) was closed and there was nothing else we could do until the next morning.

Thursday August 5th 9 AM from my cell phone I contacted the service department at Woods and spoke with Reagan and explained the situation. I told him about the Sea Doo sinking, the fire and smoke and that we had the craft on the boat lift. I also explained that the rear jet had become separated from what appeared to be back of the engine. I told him we could see the top left corner and bolt broken away from the engine head and the other bolts were lose and hanging in place as if they came lose.

I also explained when we lowered the craft into the water it appeared as if the water rushed into the engine compartment through this disconnected jet area. Reagan told me to try and start the motor and see if we could get it to the boat ramp, we followed his instructions and tried to start the motor several times but it did not start. I called Reagan back and then told me that we needed to pull the craft to the ramp and to stay as close to the shore as possible in case the Sea Doo sank again however we need to get the boat to him before he could do anything. At 9:30 Am we prepared the boat to pull the Sea Doo to the boat ramp and hooked up the Sea Doo. We lowered the boat lift and made way to the ramps at a faster that normal marina speed (Briar Cliff Marina is only about 5 minutes away at a normal speed). By the time we got there, the Sea Doo was pointed straight up to the sky immersed once again .

We released the ropes from the Sea Ray and Marty, my friend, stayed with the Sea Doo 15’ from the dock. I parked the Sea Ray and got the truck and trailer backed down the ramp and proceeded to help Marty pull the vessel onto the trailer. After several attempts we managed to get the Sea Doo on the trailer Sea Doo hook. We pulled the truck out of the water as the Sea Doo drained. We stopped for a few minutes to allow as much water drain on the ramp before proceeding to level ground. As we started to move forward again the Sea Doo became disconnected from the Sea Doo Trailer hook and fell from the trailer onto the concrete. The front half of the Sea Doo remained on the trailer. The manager from Briar Cliff, a neighbor boater, Marty and myself pushed the Sea Doo back onto the trailer, re-hooked it , and secured the back of the Sea Doo to the trailer with tie downs. At 10:15 AM and we headed toward Woods Fun Center, about a 55 minute ride.

We arrived at the Woods Fun Center about 11:30 AM were we were met by Eric, my sales rep, and another service writer who had taken care of me on several other occasions. Reagan informed the service writer that he would take care of signing me in and he did.

After we completed the paper work Reagan gave me a copy of everything including the service history for the last 3 services and we went outside to disconnect the trailer and Sea Doo from my truck. Reagan asked if the Sea Doo sucked a rope and I told him no and there was nothing in the grill or blocking the water pump area. He stated that one of the other services writers said I mentioned a rope getting caught in the propeller. I told him on the first service at 10 hours we did get a rope sucked into the propeller during the Aqua Palooza concert several weeks ago.

Friday, August 6th, 4:59 PM, I did not hear from Reagan so I called Woods to check in. Reagan was with another customer and I was told he would return my call when he had a minute. I did not hear back from Reagan so I called again on Monday, he was on another call and again not able to take my call. I call again Thursday and was able to speak with Reagan and then with Kevin the service manager.

Kevin informed me that he was not in a position to offer me any warrantee consideration and the engine was filled with water as well. He also stated he did not start any work because he was concerned about his payment. I told him that the manual stated on page 106 that it was important to get the craft to the dealer as soon as possible to avoid further water damage to the vessel and the engine. He stated he was directing his crew to clean and flush the engine immediately.

We are requesting Bombardier Recreational Products Inc to honor their warrantee. This vessel was purchased on July 8th 2010 and all service was completed by an Authorized Dealer on the appropriate schedules. The unit became disabled and over heated without an apparent reason. The unit fell apart inside the engine compartment and could have caused the damage.

An overheated engine should not equal a sinking boat.

A sinking boat should not equal a water damaged engine.

Bombardier would not honor any warrantee work and would not accept any responsibility for the repairs or replacement of the Sea Doo.

The Buds Report shows the Sea Doo overheating, It does not show why it over heated. The Temp Sensor melted off and was and was laying at the bottom of the boat, so the Buds Report showed no other information of why the vessel overheated or if it overheated a second time.

Woods Fun Center Kevin Suitt, manager of the repair center can not identify why the vessel over heated and sank.

The damage was extensive. I called Bombardier and spoke with Jonathan again. He stated Bombardier would not honor any warrantee work unless we could prove the Sea Doo had a manufacture defect.

This is the actual repair order provided by Woods Fun Center on August 19th. 2010

I authorized Woods Center to complete the repairs and on September 9, 2010 we were notified the Sea Doo was repaired, tested and ready for pick up. I paid in full and made arrangements to have my friend Marty pick up the Sea Doo from the Woods Fun Center. I was out of the state so I was unable to retrieve the vessel myself.

The actual total repair bill was reduced several hundred dollars because some parts were not needed.

On October 02, 2010 Marty picked up the Sea Doo from The Woods Fun Center and took it out to the lake for a test run. He purchased gas and put the Sea Doo in the water. The vessel started and Marty headed out on the lake and waited for his friend Matt. After getting Matt on board and within six minutes at speeds less than 30 MPH the Sea Doo overheat warning lights illuminated. Marty turned the engine off and the Sea Doo sank again 400 ft from shore. Marty and Matt could only hold onto the nose of the Sea Doo and swim to shore. This was approximately a one hour swim pulling the Sea Doo with them. The Sea Doo was damaged by the shore line rocks and debris as they were forced to pull the Sea Doo to the boat ramp. The Sea Doo was reloaded onto the Sea Doo Trailer and was promptly returned to Woods Fun Center.

October 21st, 2010 We were notified by Kevin Suitt that the Sea Doo was again repaired and ready for lake testing. This time Woods Technicians would be the testers and we have agreed to allow me to have two observers on the lake side. We are going to pick an agreeable test date next week. Kevin Suitt will try and get Bombardier to join us during the lake test.

This is what I was told by Kevin from Woods Fun Center. The vessel overheated and the temp sensor melted off again and fell to the bottom of the boat. Kevin could not explain why the boat overheated again causing the boat to sink again.

This Sea Doo is filled with electronics, gauges and computer chips. Sinking on three different occasions cannot be good for this new Sea Doo. The bigger issue is the cooling design of the exhaust system of the new Sea Doo and heat sensor attached to the plastic hose with plastic attachment connectors is not working.

Not only is this a bad design, after it gets hot and melts it will allow water to fill the engine compartment and sink the boat in the middle of the lake.

Have Sea Doo vessels been approved by Coast Guard or some other marine official.

Protect your family, protect yourself

The latest repairs are about $1300.00; I’m not sure who is paying for this latest repair.

This vessel falls into the Texas Lemon Law Guidelines on several points, the most important being a very serious safety hazard that could cause severe injury to the operator.

VISIT IN FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/SeaDooSinkingHundidasClub PLEASE CHARGER PHOTOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back