I screwed up and scratched my Doo.... Need suggestions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadooguynj

So thinking that it would be a smart idea to carry a spare trailer tire I went ahead a purchased a tire holder and mounted it to the only place on the trailer that it would work. It appeared at the time that I had plenty of space to not only put the tire on the mount but to also clear the front of the boat. Oh how wrong I was. Took the boat out for a short trip, launch is less than a half mile from my house. When the boat when to ease back off the bunks the front dropped down and smashed into the spare tire holder (that did not have the tire on it) leaving some ugly marks. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to make these look less bad? A compound perhaps or maybe some kinda graphics for the front of the boat?

I also have some other small marks that I included photos of. The front roller ones are obvious but the remainder of them is from stones that got throw up against the left side by a passing dump truck on the highway. Yeah I know I have bad luck.

The photos have yellow boxes around the areas I am talking about because the reflections of objects near the boat make it hard to pick out exactly what I am referring to on a few things.

Open to any ideas you guys have!!! Thanks in advance for your time and thought.

3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg 4.JPG 5.jpg

That sucks, wish I could help, not a good body man. Although I'm pretty good with photoshop, I can fix those pic's right up for you like brand new:thumbsup:

Sorry to see that.
that's why I like white hulls, they don't show up as easily.

The fine scratches maybe be able to be rubbed out to blend in better, with polishing or rubbing compound

There are kits if the gouge is deep enough. Just goggle seadoo repair kits.

That is an easy fix. Get yourself a gel cote repair kit. There are tons of threads here. You can get the factory matched colors.

Thanks everyone, went to the gel cote website and got a factory matched color repair kit that is now on the way. Appears that I can somewhat easily fix the issues with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back