I need more help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

emtmike

Ok So its been a couple of weeks and I still cant start the boat. Here is what I have done. First it would not even turn over. I put in a new starter. It kept blowing the charging system fuse. Took the front of the engine apart and replaced the stator. Not that test fine. I now have spark at the plugs. It just keeps rolling over and over just never will start. I get the 2 beeps when i hook up the dam cord and still it will not start. I was wondering if it is now a gas problem. I took apart the fuel filter assemble and it was full of fuel but when I hit the start button with the filter assembly apart there was no fuel coming out of the line. then I wondered if the system needed to be under pressure to work. I am lost. I done know anything about boats. Please somebody help.

Mike, are the spark plugs wet at all after it turns over? The engine has a pulse line going to it that causes the fuel pump on one of the carbs to suck fuel into the carbs. That's why you don't see fuel squirt out the line...it gets sucked in at that point. Try this remove the spark plugs and either spray some wd-40 in the cylinders or use some gas and add a small amount of oil and pore say 2-3 oz in each cylinder. install the spark plugs and see if it fires up. It might be a fuel problem not allowing fuel to get to the carbs...like dirty carbs maybe.

let me know how this works.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back