I got a little problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manitoba_guy

Ok so I went for a ride and had no trouble. After I droped off the passenger I went back out on the lake. I had to idle through really dirty water to get in to the lake. Once I get to the lake I can't accelerate. I can go past10 mph or so, but then starts to cavitate really bad. Engine screams to near max rpm but the ski doesn't go anywear. I had a look at the impeller and didn't see any obstructions or major damage. Almost seems like the drive shaft is slipping but works fine at idle and slow speeds. Any ideas?

I just flushed it. Borrowed a garden hose from my neighbors (I'm camping). I'm gonna go put it back in the water and see how it goes.

Good to know the plugged system can cause the same end result of an item stuck in the impeller area...

I picked up a twig, and by twig I mean like an 1/8th of an inch while idleing. Was instantly apparent.

Would not clear until I gave it substantial trigger. Cut it in half and all was well...

Yeah the open loop exhaust cooling system was so plugged I couldn't rev past 3000 rpm. It made a sort of back firing noise. Flushed it and all was well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back