how to tie up to regular dock

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jnylund

Hi, heading to the beach this summer, most houses dont seem to have ramps, and the beach is pretty swampy, is there a way I can tie up to the dock for the week? Its pretty shallow, is what are my options for anchoring ?

thanks
Joel

I think the general consensus it to not tie a jet boat off for an extended time.

Maybe a week would be OK.

Apparently, flora and fauna from the water learn to inhabit our water passages and clog stuff up.

My dad used ot leave his big-block jetboat in the water for no more than a long holiday weekend.

:agree: A week should be fine, just remember when you remove the ski from the water to give it a really good flush and rinse down with soap and water and a good spray or WD-40 to the motor and other working parts.

Bilge pump...

If your going to tie up regularly, it might be a good idea to invest in a small automatic bilge pump. Its not unusual for leaks to develop at the carbon seal and flood the engine compartment. You could put this together as a temp and only put it in the hull and hook to the battery when your away. Under normal conditions, your bailing tubes will keep it dry. But, parked... I'd want a bit of insurance that the hull was not going to flood on me......:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back