how to test coil?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pawngod

00 seadoo sportster mercury v6 210hp well been having problems w/the boat not reving over 2500 rpms...i found out it is only firing on 2 cylinders...the 2 at the bottom of of the mercury v6 the others are not fiing at all...is the coil under the flywheel supposed to move front to back at all? i realize it can rotate but it feels loose...i want to know how to check the other coil packs to see if the coil is sending any pulse to the coil packs ..the plugs wires looks good ...i did not realize a v6 could run on only 2 cylinders......the other four plugs were new spotless clean.

woohoo!! got my boat runnin....it turned out to be the coil pack under the magneto....had to pull the flywheel and ...the part i thought was used i found in the boat was the part i needed...the flywheel had a broken bolt in the top...so i got a large gear puller and got it off anyway.....put in the part i found in the boat...and wahlah!! she runs great now...not bad for a guy labeled (OBVIOUSLY NOT SMART ENOUGH TO DO IT....RIGHT SNIPE!!!...I AM SMARTER THAN YOU THOUGHT!! SO kiss my gritts!!

I dont think you have the right to be telling someone that was trying to help you and has helped many others in the past to kiss anything!!!:boxing_smiley:
He didn't say you where not smart enough, but obviously you are not or you would have been able to tell it was only running on 2 cylinders and explained the problem properly in the first place.
Great that you fixed it but dont be such an "%^&*()" next time.
Sorry to others for the language but people like this don't deserve to be helped!!!:rant:

Last edited by a moderator:
i came here to find help...not get cut down for asking questions...yes...i can attach his quote for you to read, he said exactly that.....dont need smarts...i am wealthy....fixing my own boat because in enjoy doing it! i am not a mechanic...i have more brains than that!!.. more grits for you and your life partner!!

Mr. Pawndog, (I have Lisdexia)

Be cool about it. Mr. Sniper has been helping all kinds for a long time. And, if he misread you, he did not mean to rile you.

Be happy, and be humble. You may need Mr. sniper in the future, and he will proberly be mature enough to overlook your comment and doo it. You cannot pay for that anywhere at any price.

So, relax.

and let it go.

Nate

Improper presentation....

First, I'd like to say thanks to all the members here in the forum who spoke up for me and let me know, that I am appreciated.

Second, it should always be known, that I'm no better than any of you. I put my pants on just like you guys, one leg at a time. The only difference between me and others is, the amount of time I have spent rebuilding motors.

There are many mechanics here in the forum that I have learned from. I read posts everyday and there is alwasy something new I learn, from one of you.

I have given Mr. Pawngod an infraction for 10 days. Not because of his freedom to speak, but because of the manner in which he expressed himself. Anyone in this forum who has a problem or disagreement with me or any other person, is free to post in the forum, to find a solution to a disagreement. There should never be anyone commenting that someone is "dumb" or can't do something, that is not what we are about. I'm not sure what Mr. Pawngod is talking about in his little tirade, but I think it may have been in reference to a comment I made about how hard the M-2 is to trouble shoot without a manual, due to the sophistication of the engine management system. I have no idea what it even was that he was trying to do but it's obvious, he didn't need my help!.........

The following is a personal note I sent to him:
You obviously did not read my post or if you did, you took it completly out of context. I never say anyone is dumb or incapable of fixing their machines. We are all here to help each other out. What I told you is that it's hard to say it's one thing or the other because these M-2 engines use several sensors to create the proper air to fuel ratio, not only at start up, but as your driving. When the boat is running in cool water or warm water, the engine managment system is what makes these adjustments.

It's impossible for me to say what's wrong with any of these engines if the person posting, isn't capable of being a good set of eyes and hands for the fixes we are trying to give. Had you come in with a lot more info or tried these things that you said you had, then you'd have not needed me or even needed to post.

I'm giving this infraction, not because of what you said, but in the context in which you said it, mean spirited language isn't tolerated here. You can critize me, you can use free speech and say things about me that you may not like. But you'll not come in my forum and use hateful or spitful communications. Not to me or any other member. Your infraction is for 10 days. Maybe, with all your wealth, you'll learn what the words "humble" mean.

I'm not perfect, ..........not by any means. I come in here and read posts by other members and they point out something I didn't know on a regular basis, so I am still learing from them as much as they learn from me.

I'm disappointed that I had to do this. It is not what this forum is about. Your thread will remain intact, as it's written, so others here can see what you wrote and how you wrote it. I hope in the future, that you'll learn how to read a thread or post and respond to it in a bit more respectful manner.

Louis..............AKA Seadoosnipe

I will now consider this post closed. Please, keep in mind, freedom of speech is your right. You can say what you feel and what you want, as long as it meets the guidelines of proper communication. I'll be leaving this here as an example for future members to read and I hope, learn from.

Again, thanks to all the people here who support me and support the Seadooforum..................:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back