how to take off jet pump support of seadoo boat 2005

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolmike

i have seadoo boat 2005 challenger wouldn,t pick up speed.because it suck some rock in the impeller. i replace the impeller and wearing is still doing the same thing.it took it off again see that all the vain in the pump support assembly are broken. i try to replace the pump support its hell to take it off, that locktight instant gasket seal they put on it it stuck to boat. i spend three using heat gun all all the other thing but is not coming out.any help how to take that pump support out would be really appreciate.

Are you talking about where the pump is sealed against the hull from some backyard mechanic using a whole tube of RTV sealant? If so, I think someone here once suggested taking pieces of 2 x 4's and drilling holes. Then take that and put onto the threaded rod and put the bolts on and you have a homemade handle to use for pulling it offl.

Are you talking about where the pump is sealed against the hull from some backyard mechanic using a whole tube of RTV sealant? If so, I think someone here once suggested taking pieces of 2 x 4's and drilling holes. Then take that and put onto the threaded rod and put the bolts on and you have a homemade handle to use for pulling it offl.

Not a handle - a brace against the hull. As you tighten the bolts they pull the jetdrive off the hull. A very old trick that replaces an expensive tool Seadoo sells that does exactly the same thing.

Not a handle - a brace against the hull. As you tighten the bolts they pull the jetdrive off the hull. A very old trick that replaces an expensive tool Seadoo sells that does exactly the same thing.

Yeah that sounds more like it. I knew there was some short cut and was hoping one of you people that have done it would chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back