how to replace crank seal on 951

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrrxtx

Long story how and why but I put a drill bit through the mag side crank seal on a brand new 951 motor. There is a small hole through the rubber part of seal and and I can feel the meal part of the seal with a small pic through the hole. Any chance to put silicone in hole and be ok. Or must the seal be replaced and can it be done without splitting the cases ? Thanks..

Do you have any pictures? Did you make any hole that goes all the way into the crank shaft area that would allow the seal to leak?

Yes it does....after looking at some videos I can see I drilled right through the seal,,,hopefully didn't damage the crank....this sucks....motor has to come apart.

Can we ask why you did that?
Had motor rebuilt 2 yrs ago...got it back and slowly put it back together when I had time. I guess I didn't tighten magneto to flywheel bolts properly because after finally get it running and in the water for a couple hours it died and kept blowing fuse in rear electric box and had 12V light on. Pulled motor back out....removed cover and saw a mess. 2 bolts were out of mag...2 other snapped off....and only 2 held magneto to flywheel. So I had to drill out snapped bolts and re tap and re tap other stripped ones.....somehow I went to far w drill bit and went right through the seal....Which I realized after I got the flywheel off....MY F UP all the way. Now I have to split motor apart....not happy......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back