How to get more power out of a Challenger single 110

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I recently traded a Buell motorcycle for a 97 Challenger. It has the single 787 motor in it and I am looking to get some more power out of it. Can anyone lead me in the right direction to get more power out of this boat? I like it so far but it has no balls at take off but once it gets going and planes out it is pretty good. Thanks for the help it is my first boat.

I know this is not what you want to hear....but there isn't very much you can do to these boats to increase their performance. You could change the pitch of the impeller to either increase your hole shot or give you one or two mph top end. Other then that there isn't much!

Matt

I just want a better hole shot that is all. I don't care about going over 45mph. That is fast enough for a 14ft boat. Thanks for the help guys. I will check things out over the winter and make some changes. I just didn't know if they were like 2stroke dirt bike engines and you could run aftermarket pipes, intakes, air filters, etc to make more power. Or even if you can get aftermarket valves like you can get with other 2stroke engines.

For a better hole shot you would want to get a lower pitch impeller. I have never experimented with one....but I know most people use Solas aftermarket impellers.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back