How to change Steering Bellows?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

azirkhan

I bought the Steering Bellows Kit, proceeded to change it out, but the nut at the end of the cable is in the way! any suggestions on how to remove this not? Thanks.

Attachments

• Bellows.JPG
    Bellows.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 38
Never mind, its done. I soaked the thread in PB Blaster, held the steel bolt with a vise grip and unscrewed the nut with a spanner. No issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a standard "Moris" or Telefex" type cable. Hit a regular boat shop, and they should have some generic replacements.

FYI... DO NOT run the boat without the boot. It keeps the water out of the cable. An $8 boot can save the $150 cable.

It's a standard "Moris" or Telefex" type cable. Hit a regular boat shop, and they should have some generic replacements.

FYI... DO NOT run the boat without the boot. It keeps the water out of the cable. An $8 boot can save the $150 cable.

I looked for generic boots last year with no luck in that size. I ended up buying them online at Seadoo Parts Warehouse.

EDIT..... I got those parts from Boats.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Found the boots from a place called sunset marine. They have different parts diagrams that seem to be more detailed when looking for obscure parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back