How to block off hose?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that should be the correct hose. It should also have a red marker around the hose also. My red marker was hard to spot because it was on the hose section under a large plastic removable piece (air intake??) on my 06 GTX

Towing...?

I'm sure this topic has been raised here before but I can not find it in searches.

On the RXP which hose is the correct one to block off if towing a disabled ski.

I'm thinking it is the 19mm hose #1!!
http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/seadooforums/Seadoo_oem/Seadoo_PWC.asp?Type=13&A=129&B=1

Thanks in advance:cheers:

It kinda depends on how much or for what reason your towing.

Some members tow their skis behind a larger boat while underway. I guess these are the yachts that don't have a winch to pull them aboard. If this is the case, I've recommended that they put a brass ball valve in. This way, it can simply be closed.

If your looking to do it just because you broke down, you really don't have to worry about pinching that hose, unless you plan to tow at high speeds. Usually, towing while broke down makes the ski unstable going to fast, since there is no skeg to keep it trailing right. So, if someone is just towing you to dock, at idle or a couple mph, then don't worry about it. You won't flow over your exhaust system.........:cheers:

Can you explain how towing can actually overflow the engine. I never really understood this, probably I don't completly understand the cooling system. Wouldn't this be the same as letting the ski sit in the water with the engine off?

Also what do most people use to clamp the hose? The vise grips I use for running it on land are to have hanging off the hose while knocking it around towing.

Water from the lake/river/ocean goes into the exhaust. It mixes with the exhaust and is used to make it quieter, it also cools it. The problem you run into when towing a broken ski above 5mph is that the water gets forced into the exhaust area, and with no pressure coming from the engine, it can make its way into the engine itself.

As far as the second question, i know there is a clamp that you can buy, the part number should be in the manual, i cant remember it off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back