How many different lanyards can be programmed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

fred nutcase

I have an '03 GTX 4-Tec and a '98 GTX (2 stroke). My question: How many different lanyards can be programmed to one craft. Example: can each craft's lanyard be programmed to the OTHER craft, so as to allow riders to swap watercraft, without swapping lanyards? In other words, is there a limit (I would think there is, based upon computer memory available) of how many lanyards can be programmed per craft.

I have a Can-Doo scanner; the software has entry slots for eight keys in the EUC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply..... That sounds promising!!!! Hopefully the '98 and '03 have the same firmware for that part of the system....

Nick [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] can program both MPEM to the same key and maybe reprogram the other key to match

The Keys can be programmed to as many MPEMs as you want....an MPEM can hold up to 8 keys.

I cant program 4 stroke keys, but I can do 2 stroke keys.

I can program all keys, all years. However, you aren't really programming the key. You are programming the ECU on 4 strokes to accept the key, and the MPEM on the 2 strokes to accept the key. The key has a chip in it, and doesn't ever change and every key is unique.

You can program both of your skis to have the same key, or multiple keys up to 8, to work on both your machines, the 2 stroke and the 4 stroke.

I can program all keys, all years. However, you aren't really programming the key. You are programming the ECU on 4 strokes to accept the key, and the MPEM on the 2 strokes to accept the key. The key has a chip in it, and doesn't ever change and every key is unique.

You can program both of your skis to have the same key, or multiple keys up to 8, to work on both your machines, the 2 stroke and the 4 stroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back