SBT 113 vs 113a? Engine types?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jjaysbk

2006 GTX Limited
215 HP Supercharged 4 tec

Hello all, trying to help a buddy with an off-handed seadoo with a blown rod. Whilst looking for a new engine i became slightly confused at what I'm seeing on fleabay / online. There seems to be a 113 or 113a engine, and I'm not totally sure how to figure out which one I have. I also only think SBT uses the 113 designation for my model, I don't know if I'd be able to compare it to the oem motor in the seadoo and make a connection.

In reference to a bunch of SBT search results, I believe the 2006 215Hp 4 Tec's were using a 113A motor and the ones prior to 06 a 113. This is just based off of what is coming up on searches, However, just associating these numbers with my year / model isn't enough for me to think I have one or the other. There are non-SBT motors for sale that don't designate a 113 or 113a like SBT.

I'm definitely new to these but I'm mechanically inclined, just never touched these before, can someone clarify the motor type thats in the 07 GTX (I believe 113a) or a way I can check myself? (I can't find that # on oem parts diagrams) Another helpful tip is if someone could clarify there was a difference between the 05 vs 06 GTX motors in general, that would help differentiate what year I stop searching from or if there is an actual chance that the 06 GTX's were made with two different motor types, thats actually my main concern.

Based off of most used motors I will have to swap all of the external stuff so I want to make sure we're getting the right one for the swapped equipment and keep this relatively hassle free.

Thank you for any help / insight

I have seen on the SBT website how they designate the engine that fits your application by how certain things like the oil breather and cam sensor are mounted, I believe if you order the engine that they say fits your machine by this method then the rest is irrelevant. You can also call them to help you confirm the engine that fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back