How fast does a jetski go?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
ive got the 2005 RXT 215hp sea-doo ... i have hit 67 during my break in period, and that wasnt with the throttle wide open, and it was on some rough waters... i figure i might be able to hit 75 maybe 80 ...

oh, and i hit 67 with 3 riders :)

Very nice Jon. Throw anyone off? lol. Yeah your ski should be able to hit 80mph tuned correctly.

With the right prop doing 80 is obtainable at the sacrifice of some acceleration.

I know there is someone who has modded there RXT to do over 90 now...

well, at this point, i have NOT thrown anyone off my ski =)

not to say i havent tried 'a little bit' :)

i cant try too hard thouugh.. of the 3 people who ride with my .. me, my wife and my 5 year old critter. the critter loves to go for a ride, but is deathly afriad of the deep water and of falling off. i wouldnt want to help her fears by rolling her off the ski.

we have been able to get her tubing at very very slow speeds on the back of a regular boat, but with an adult on with her. I think in time, and if we ever get on to lake michigan, i might be able to toss a rider or two off =)

My 05 RXT only goes 65

I have 05 RXT.

Everything stock. Approx 100 hrs on engine.

With throttle wide open and rpm at max (limiter).

Max speed with water surface flat (shinny) is 65 - 67 (per indicator).

Speed by stock PWC manafacturers is set at 70 mph for safety. If your not quite getting 70 for your 4-TEC, then you either have a speedo problem, or possibly a small sensor out of calibration, which would send a signal to the EMS that would limit your fuel intake.

65 Mph

There is also the possibility that someone installed a IMPELLER that is designed to give you a better hole shot and therefore sacraficing some top end. Also a possibility of worn IMPELLER and/or wear ring.
DAWG

I took my GPS unit out of my river racer and GPS'd our GTI LE RFI, a few years ago, but can't remember the top speed... What I do remember the speedo on the ski read MUCH FASTER than the actual GPS's speed...

Mph

Jet ski speedometers, on average, read about 5 mph faster than their actual speed.
DAWG

Speed!

The way I calculate speed..........If my eyes start to water, I'm going to fast!...:rofl:

If my passengers are begging me to slow down and not jump the boat out of the water...than I reached a top speed!

Drink!

I know Karl, if your workin the throttle and I spill my Jack and Coke, then that too means you've reached the peak speed!.........:rofl:

4-TEC quiet?

Are you just pulling our leg? The 1503 is a powerful engine and although the decibles are a bit lower than the 951, it's still pretty noisy? But I do wish I could pop one into my XP.
At my shop, I've got a spare 951 I've been working on. I'm hoping to mod it into an old 96 model Challenger boat. I got it after a fire in the engine compartment, so I'm replacing the electricals right now with the boxes from the 951.

No Joking !

My new 200 speedster (310 HP not supercharged)with twin 4-Tec engines is super quiet. At cruising speed all you hear is wind noise. Even at low speed the blower is louder than these 2 bad boys.

New problem...

The way I calculate speed..........If my eyes start to water, I'm going to fast!...

This wasn't a problem with my ski until I did the wear ring replacement.

So approx. what is the top speed of a well-running and restored 96 XP?

I rarely go over 1/2-3/4 throttle now, since it is so fast it scares me...and my other project is a street-legal drag car...

There is a broken paddle on my speedo paddle wheel, and the wheel is binding. Should it spin freely? or have some drag on it?

I want to fix it if possible to get a better estimate of how fast my ski goes now...

No resistance....

No, there should be no resistance. If one of the paddles is broken, then you'll have to replace it. You can find them from places like Seadoo source or Babbitts......even online through e-bay.

Cursed GPS!

So what if the speedo is off by 5mph! Thanx for busting my bubble, Karl and Mirage! :rant: I'm just so proud to ocassionally see 50 mph on my 95 GTX. Feels like 100 to me, though. Then there is that windblown look to match. The GTS right now is slower than a trolling motor with a weak battery in reverse, for now. LOL! It will be fixed soon so then at least it will feel like Im going forward again. :hurray:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back