How bad did I mess up... Ran without hose for a little bit.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

techno96

Spent the day working on restoring my 08 Speedster 150 - 155HP NA model. Got all the old graphics off, detailed the engine bay, etc. I ran the boat several times today, out of the water, no hose. Never more than a minute, I would guess 30-40 seconds max. I misread the manual, where it says to never run the boat for more than 2 minutes, I didn't realize that was in or out of the water, due to the carbon seal and that evidently you basically can't start it at all without water because of the exhaust system. So now the question is, did I do damage, and/or how can I confirm whether or not this did cause damage? There was a decent bit of water in the hull from all the cleaning and rinsing.

I am guessing that you will be fine. Just don't make a habit out of it. Did the engine do anything funny or sound funny? You are right that the carbon seal can be damaged by running out of the water, but I am guessing you are probably ok. The only way to know for sure would be to put in the water to see if the seal leaks. Are you in a year round boating climate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back