Hi guys. Just a newb wanting opinions on purchasing a new Sea-Doo. :)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea-doo Newb

Hey guys. I've been doing my research, and this place seems like it's by far and away the best forum to ask this question as knowledgeable as everyone is.

Anyway, here's my deal. I've never owned a PWC. My dad owns a boat which I drive every summer. I have a four wheeler, and a lot of PWC experience. To be exact on the PWC experience... I've rode on, and off as a kid (I'm 24), and have been riding off and on every summer since 3 years ago.

That said... haha. My parents just bought a lake house, and I'm looking into getting my own PWC. I love everything about the direction Sea-Doo has taken their new PWC. The only problem is, well... I found a really good deal on a 255 RXT 2009, and I'm very close to pulling the trigger, I just don't know if 255 horses is too much? I will be riding on the Lake of the Ozarks which is notoriously choppy also, so is it even worth it?

Another side question. For those who have the iS. How much difference does it make? I just love the idea of suspension on a PWC haha, just awesome. If I could afford the new models I'd get the brakes too!

Thanks in advance guys! Love the forums, and ride on!

I don't know a thing about that model but...

To quote you if that's ok,

"I just don't know if 255 horses is too much?

JMO, You can never have enough horses! But then again I breed Arabian Show Horses and am a true need for speed guy. All kidding aside you can always under throttle the days of waves and when it's calm drop the hammer. Plus I think and am guessing here that the larger engine would hold it's re-sale value a bit better.

Cheers

Congrats, you are in for one fun and wild ride!

Post up some pics when you get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back