Hi and Help Please

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Contaltdel

Hello everyone i have heard great things about this site so no only did i want to join but i am also having issues myself with my boat. I have a 03 Challenger with 240efi that after changing the battery it will not start. It just cranks. What i have noticed is that the single beep with i turn the key is no longer present. I check connections of course still nothing. I checked the lanyard switch with a meter before and after switch. Switch works but after the switch the system is acting like the switch is not closed. I have tried looking through tons of threads and i also maybe in the wrong stop but if someone could give me any ideas before i take it to the shop that would be great. I also changed it with the same battery and checked all the fuses. There is a small fuse box next to ecu that has 4 fuses in it an i also checked it as well with all good fuses. I have owed the boat new since 03 and this is the first issue i have had. Thanks again for all the help.

Welcome to the forum. I cant help much with your issue other then the beepers die all the time. If you can get at the plug for the beeper test it to see if it is getting a signal when you put the key on.

Also, next time post in the Merc Forum, Dr. Honda frequents there often and is the expert in everything Merc.

Maybe one of the Mods will move this thread there. Good Luck

Hi and welcome to the SeaDoo fourm. I'm moving this thread to the Merc. powered boat section.

Lou

Well... that's not good.

First: Did you hook up the battery backwards? Even for a second?

Second: If you think it's a lanyard issue... then just disconnect the switch.

Before we can really dig into it... I need to know what engine you have. There was a change over in 2001-1/2... but I've seen those engines in the 2003 boats. So... post your engine serial number. Also, is the plastic cover on the top of the engine round, and just coving the flywheel... or is it rectangle shaped, and cover all of the top?

I am pretty sure I didnt reverse the connections. I also just received this reply so I will have to get back with u on the other info except that I know that the plastic cover is rectangular shape with a circle that covers the flywheel. The motor with crank and I also unplugged the lanyard piece and still nothing. Thanks again for u r help and I will let u know the rest when I get home.

I am not 100% sure I understood you correctly about the battery. As in did you replace it with a new one or with one you had but a low battery will cause the same problem. After I rebuilt my boat that had been sitting for 4 years I charged the battery that was in it when I bought it and charged it for a week and tried to start it, it would turn over great but not fire. I finally ended up changing the battery to a brand new one that was fully charged and it fired up the first try and havent had a proble since. Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back