Here is what Ive decided to do about this RXT SuperCharger washer issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

xdaily

I bought an 07 RXT with 180 hours on it knowing about the SC washer issue. Got it for
5500 with trailer. KBB listed it over 7.

Ive been having a great time with the Ski and it runs flawlessly but Ive been worrying
about the 100 hour recommended rebuild on the SC. Besides that it tops out at 60mph
with the factory gauge (havent GPS'd yet) and that also is/was concerning.

So this weekend I pulled the hose and checked how the SC impeller spins with the
two fingers I could get on it reaching into the housing. I can just barely get it to spin
using just about all Ive got.

This put my mind a little more at ease and Im going to let it be till fall. Before next
season though Im going to purchase and install this myself
http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/product_page.asp?Category=Sea-Doo X-model Supercharger

and these most likely (I called and at a minimum the tech guy said)
http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/product_detail.asp?Product=Injector%20Kit,%20Pro-Series,%2042lb,%20SD%20RXP/RXT%20215
and be done with worrying about it probably for the rest of the time that I own it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats what Ive read. Ive also read though anyone with a supercharger with any hours on it runs that risk it seems.

Thats what Ive read. Ive also read though anyone with a supercharger with any hours on it runs that risk it seems.

Exactly, so why risk it. Spend a few hundred and be done with it and not worry. Or take the risk and spend $4000 on an engine.

Are you saying that this thing has 180 hrs on it and the SC has NEVER been rebuilt, and is running the original ceramic washers??? :-O

You're playing Russian Roulette every time you run this engine... the SC's are wear items, and are supposed to be completely rebuilt every 100 hrs of operation. The ceramic washers are known to be a defective design, that they've held in there this long is simply amazing!

You may get away with running it for a little while longer, but the day you don't you'll likely be looking at a complete engine replacement $$$$!

Topping out at 60 is slow, you probably need to pull the pump off (only takes like 15 minutes) and take a good look at the impeller and wear ring. Probably there are bad dings on the impeller blade's leading edges and/or the wear ring has bad gouges in it. This will actually be affecting performane thru-out the entire speed range.

Regards and good luck.

- Michael

Yes. 190hrs now. Nothing has ever been serviced on the Ski since new besides the oil.
Its docked for the season now and isnt coming out until Fall.

I know it a few months old but wonder if it blew up or not.
He sounded pretty confident it would last.

Anybody know him personally?

The greenhulk peps directed me to a Howto write up and another member offered me one with 20 hours in it and steel washer for $150 so I changed it out.

No problems at all. Didnt run any different either and the ceramic washers are completely intact on the old one I still have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back