Help please! Wiring issue 96 xp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

leroy5765

Hi, new to the forum so hello from wales UK!
I have a seadoo xp 96 800 and to cut a long story short it went off for a service to a as it turns out unreliable repair shop, so it comes back and all the wiring harness plugs in the front are all disconnected. Does anybody have an idea or diagram of which goes where as it's not as simple as I thought where they are all individual but some are the same?

All help is gratefully received ;)

All the wires are color coded and most (if not all) the plugs only go in one way (unless I'm misunderstanding you). If you want a manual, become a premium member on here and its a free download.

You can download a manual and it will show the wire schematic as well as colors. Probably would answer most if not all your questions regarding to your wire issue.

Finally got it all sorted and connected back up, went to start it and no beep from key, looked all over the forums and checked voltage to DESS and its only got 6v when testing through the ground of that plug and 12v when tested from neg of battery, My question is, will it only being 6v stop it working & is this a ground issue in the ebox? Thanks

Some of the 2-stroke skis had a smaller (aka hidden) ground wire. Look around the battery very well and look for another smaller black wire that should be mounted to the negative side of the battery.

do you think it is a ground issue?

Wire issues are almost all no beep, no power, no crank, or no start issues. And in MOST cases, it is almost always a bad ground.

So,, if it were my ski, I'd be confirming all connections and making sure the little ground wire (if yours has this wire) are not only connected, but in good condition and clean.

I am nearly positive that a reading of 6 volts at the DESS is an issue. I believe every reading on the ski is 12 volts. So,,, if you have a 6 volt reading, something is wrong. It can be a bad wire or poor connection...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back