Help please. No ground to 2004 sea doo gtx fuel injectors

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

richierich954

Hey guys. i am new to the forums. I have a 2004 sea doo gtx 4 tec and i have no fuel coming from any fuel injector. fuel pump is good and power to injectors using test light. however no light when testing ground? machine wont start except if starting fluid is injected into cylinders. So I turn over engine with test light on fuel injector ground and get nothing. no pulse or anything. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

When testing the ground are you clipping the test light lead to the positive terminal on the battery?

Yes i had the test light to the positive. But i found a burnt wire at the ecm after i posted thr above. After properly fixing the wire i get 1 long beep. The fuel pump stays running and still no gas from injectors. All fuses are good. Any advice would be wonderful. And thanks to all.

Remember, The positive side of the circuit comes from the MPEM it's a constant 12 VDC signal to one side of the injector. THE ECU prvoices the ground when the timing is right, so you won't have continuity to ground unless you see that side of the circuit precisely when the ECU activates it.

Pull all of the injectors, and put them in mason jars. Crank it over. If you don't see fuel, check wiring continuity between the injector harness and the ECU. If no continuity, repair wiring. If continuity checks good, replace the ECU.m

I suggest buying a NOID LAMP with adjustable legs. It will make testing injectors much easier as it is designed to read the pulses.

As noted, the 12 volt positive is a constant and the brain controls the ground. Until you get the ground, it will not start. You will need to check the wire and the connections VERY well. It could be a brain issue, but until you test everything else,,, you won't know.

183.jpg

So far i really thank you guys. Ok i found a burmned wire going to little black box on tge front of the gas tank. After fixing the wire now i have no spark and 1 long beep only when inserting key. I just dont get it.

The black box on the front of the fuel tank is the voltage regulator. I'm wondering if that failed (as evidenced by the burnt wires) and an over voltage condition fried the ECU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back