help please!! 2007 speedster won't start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark37

So I have been having an issue with my battery not charging while I'm on the water. It would start fine, ride fine, but by the time i got back to the dock, the battery would be dead. It is a brand new battery. So today I bought a new rectifier/regulator and put it on. Now the boat will not start. When I push ignition, it turns over a time or two and then nothing. I've tried it several times. Also a little smoke coming from left side of engine.

Some clarity please...

It "turns over a time or two" means what? It cranks for a small amount and then stops cranking?

And the smoke you mention, is it some sort of exhaust or like wires melting?

4 beeps on a boat means that the shifter is not in the neutral position. But it shouldn't crank at all if that is the case. On a ski, 4 beeps happens when you leave the lanyard on for a minute and the ski isn't running. I'm not sure if boats are set up the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so here's what happens. Attach lanyard no beeps but dash says sensor. I press ignition and get 4 beeps followed by 2 beeps while cranking. Keeps giving 2 beeps with no start.

Sensor flashing on gauge is for your depth finder if you have one...it will always read sensor while on land...did you check and pull all your fuses? Fuel,spark,air = life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back